Maloof Rocker Class Weekend 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Hey all,
Had a great start to woodguy1975's Maloof style rocker class this weekend. We started gluing up some laminations for the rockers:

Then we took measurements and sketched full size rocker templates:

Then, we transfered these templates on to the wood:

Then we cut the leg joints and band sawed out the rough seat and legs:

After all that we sat down to take a rest in the "rough chairs" :

That was all for weekend one. The class is very well run, John does an awesome job with the organization, and my fellow students were very funny as well as being very knowledgeable woodworkers. Just a fabulous experience-highly recommended.:icon_thum. Can't wait till weekend #2. Oh, Jeremy has all the funny pics from the weekend, my documentation is only a partial account of the festivities. Thanks again John for a great class!!

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:clamps-clamps-why do I never have enough clamps

J

jeff...

rocking_chair_class_1_030.jpg

Hey you guys all have the same shorts - what's up with that?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Looks like excellent progress! But you gotta be careful with pictures like that. Three Stooges come to mind :)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Looks like you are learning a lot, like how to smile in a photo:rotflm:. I would watch Jeremy. He appears to be up to something.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Yeah, I had to keep an eye on Jeremy the entire time. LOL!!!

It was a great weekend. Jeremy, Mike, and Jeff all did excellent on their chairs this weekend. They worked hard and made a lot of great progress.

Our next weekend we'll take care of the arm joinery, crest rail, and do their spindle design. Rest up boys, you'll be tired after the next weekend I promise. :)

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS