Magnetic Base Lamp $7.99 @ H.Freight

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Thanks for the heads up, Tommy. Is this offer also available in the brick and mortar locations?

Take care,

gator

George
Corporate Member
I have three of those in my shop. The only thing I found is that the 'socket/switch' combo will break down fairly quick (six months to a year depending on use). However, you can buy a good 'socket/switch' at the BORG for about $3. Still about a third of what you pay at any woodworking store. Good deal overall.

George

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
It is not bad if you like LED lights. I prefer the old tungsten or quartz lights.

LED? What did I miss? It says that it doesn't come with a bulb at all, but the one pictured in the lamp appears to be incandescent.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Re: Magnetic Base Lamp $7.99 @ H.Freight
I have three of those in my shop. The only thing I found is that the 'socket/switch' combo will break down fairly quick (six months to a year depending on use). However, you can buy a good 'socket/switch' at the BORG for about $3. Still about a third of what you pay at any woodworking store. Good deal overall.

George

Would it increase base life if a CFL bulb were used? Incandescent lamps generate so much heat that the bases on many lamps fail unbeknown to the owners - usually from using larger than recommended wattage bulbs or inadequate ventilation.

Re: Magnetic Base Lamp $7.99 @ H.Freight
Will this lamp stand up on a wooden table, or does it require a magnetic surface?
Perhaps some of the magnetic paint that is sold at one of more of the BORGs would help in this matter.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Would it increase base life if a CFL bulb were used? Incandescent lamps generate so much heat that the bases on many lamps fail unbeknown to the owners - usually from using larger than recommended wattage bulbs or inadequate ventilation.

I suspect that it is heat break-down so a CFL would probably help.

George

Perhaps some of the magnetic paint that is sold at one of more of the BORGs would help in this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS