Lumber source Franlin nc

Status
Not open for further replies.

weelis

New User
weelis
Can anyone recommend a good source of lumber in Franklin N.C.? Rough hewn or dressed lumber.( Need source close to Highlands N.C.) thnx.,

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I have read (here on NCWW) many postive comments on a sawyer in Rolesville - Jack if I recall correctly. Close enough to Franklin methinks. Search the archives here, or look in the links section.

I am too lazy to go looking for you, but I am quite certain a little bit of searching here will net you the source you seek.

Henry

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
if it's an ongoing thing there is some company in greenville sc that had a place here in charlotte for awhile that was very reasonable. i can find out the name if you need large quantities on a regular basis.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Can anyone recommend a good source of lumber in Franklin N.C.? Rough hewn or dressed lumber.( Need source close to Highlands N.C.) thnx.,

What kind of lumber? If it's domestic hardwood there used to be a guy named Bones or Bonz or Bonez on http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php who lived part of the year in Highlands. He had a business doing lumber runs 4-5 years ago but I haven't seen him online in a while.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Jack Murdock is his name...nice guy with quality stuff...pm me for his # ...I would have to look it up:eusa_danc

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I think you guys are mixing up Franklinton and Franklin, NC. Franklin is about 2hrs west of Asheville. Rolesville is a fer' piece from there.

TOL Woodworks

New User
David
Franklin Wood Warehouse is located near downtown Franklin and has a huge selection of domestic and exotic woods, and high grade plywood. Their phone number is 828-369-3913. I do have to give them a couple of thumbs down for being rude and unpleasant. And prices are a little high. But it's probably your closest resource. I live in Sylva and I get a lot of my wood from Eddie Queen who runs a sawmill and kiln in Little Canada. His number is 293-1010. I also get a hold of large logs from around the county (a lot of walnut and cherry) and get them slabbed and sell a few out of my shop. You can come take a look at what I have as well. Franklin Wood Warehouse has good dimensional lumber but if you want wide slabs then give me a call. My business is Tree of Life Woodworks, LLC. www.tolwoodworks.com 828-399-1462. Hope this helps. Good Luck!
David

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Ahhhhh yes, I am out of state right now and my geography is fading fast. My apologies.

Henry

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Scott,

Thanks. The link just got buried somewhere during the upgrade. How about placing it in the "Community" link as Sawyers with the regional map breakdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS