LOTS of boxes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
:rotflm: He did say something about how fast he can "knock them out"... :rotflm:

"...and in this corner, wearing the toolbelt, Toooooooooolferoooooooone!!!

And in this corner, wearing wood grain, a stack of Plyyyyyyyyyyyyywooooooooooooooood!!!"

:icon_chee

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
OK, time for some wild speculation. Here's what we know:

- For most of the boxes, you won't see the wood. So it will be covered with something. Felt perhaps? Paper? Fabric?
- This is a recurring commission. You only need so much storage, so the boxes are part of the product being sold
- Different size boxes, different size products.
- The product can't be too heavy, since it's 1/2" ply with 1/4" bottoms
- The customer had the good sense to ask Tom to build these things, so he's probably some sort of craftsman, or the creative type.

I say they are gift boxes, that will be covered with fabric to make them look pretty, then filled with delicacies.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
In the Wikipedia defination of professional it states: " A professional sportman or sportwoman is someone who derives income by participating in competitive sports." If you replace sports with wood worker it kinda makes anyone of us who have made and sold our works a professional. :gar-Bi

Scott,

My initial reaction to your thought was....TAX BREAK!!! We each sell a piece to a fellow woodworker which qualifies us as professionals. We can then claim all expenses as deductions! I'm sure this won't work but it was a nice lunch time thought!!:gar-La;

T

toolferone

Guessing is lots of fun, ain't it. My lips are still sealed , but I promise to tell you all as soon as I can, but it could be a loooooong wait :eek:.

As far as the professional title. I have always told folks the difference between hobby and pro is if you earn your living by it. I am not there yet. I am somewhere between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS