LOTS of boxes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

With out many details, I have recurring commision to build MANY different size boxes. These are as basic as can be. Butt joints on the corners glued and brad nailed. The 1/4" ply bottom is glued and air stapled on. The sides are 1/2" ply. The pics below show 60 boxes of 3 different sizes. The big issues here are how fast, safe, and accurate can I knock these out.

boxes_007a.jpg

boxes_006a.jpg

boxes_012a.jpg

boxes_010a.jpg

T

toolferone

The answer as to what they are used for I can't tell you yet. I am under contact with the customer not to talk about the boxes uses until he tells me it's okay to. And with money on the line, I will be keeping my mouth shut :eusa_hand.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
The answer as to what they are used for I can't tell you yet. I am under contact with the customer not to talk about the boxes uses until he tells me it's okay to. And with money on the line, I will be keeping my mouth shut :eusa_hand.

I would be silent also:rotflm:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Wow, that's a lot of boxes. Good thing the customer didn't ask for hand cut half blind dovetails :)

JRD

New User
Jim
What a case of one upsmanship!

Although you do have me really wondering about the uses.

Jim

T

toolferone

Nice commision Tom, makes one thankful for air tools I am sure. :wsmile:

YES it does!! I use a Stanley Bostich 18 ga brad 1-1/4" long for the corners and a old Campbell Hausfeld 22ga wire stapler 3/8" long x 3/8" wide for the bottoms. It is as Norm says "a few brads until the glue dries" :gar-La;.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Lots and lots of ripping and crosscutting there, Tom!

You certainly have my attention and curiosity up!! :dontknow::dontknow:(Parts bins for somethin'?:icon_scra)

So, Is sixty the final number to be done?

Wayne

Glennbear

Glenn
After my original post a thought occured to me :widea: This volume of boxes requires a lot of plywood. A recent trip to the BORG for some more ply showed some grossly overpriced stuff with shaky quality. Where are you getting yours and at what kind of price ? For a decent quality and price I would travel to your neck of the woods. Thanks. :wsmile:

T

toolferone

After my original post a thought occured to me :widea: This volume of boxes requires a lot of plywood. A recent trip to the BORG for some more ply showed some grossly overpriced stuff with shaky quality. Where are you getting yours and at what kind of price ? For a decent quality and price I would travel to your neck of the woods. Thanks. :wsmile:

The customer is supplying the wood and he is trying different stores. Some of it was great, some not so great. I know he is somewhat price driven, so I am sure we won't be using top shelf stuff. In most of the boxes you won't see the wood in the final product.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ha! So you are now a professional boxer!

:rotflm:

In the Wikipedia defination of professional it states: " A professional sportman or sportwoman is someone who derives income by participating in competitive sports." If you replace sports with wood worker it kinda makes anyone of us who have made and sold our works a professional. :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors