Long time no post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis

New User
Travis
Hello again everyone. Been off the forum for a couple of months helping my wife start up her own real estate apprasial business. Boy am I glad to get bck to woodwoking. Anyway, been busy completing projects and have PICs to share. Below is pictures of the under stair project that was commisioned.:-D

This is a before shot.

DSC05251.JPG

This is an after shot.

DSC05676.JPG

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, what a transformation :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Did you do anything special to deal with what looks like some water seepage at the base of that block wall?? I ask because I have a similar problem :BangHead:

Dave:)

Travis

New User
Travis
Dave,

No, but the homeowner did. They actually had built the basement grade lower than their lot (oops). They had to spend about $9G in retaining walls and catch basins to fix. The water you see there actually came from the other side of the house. Behind me was 2" of mud that washed in through the basement door.

But I have had experience with this in another house. Much worse than what you see and you can not beat a water seal product called "Dry Lock". Although I did not have a problem with my shop walls in the new house I used it. The stuff goes on very think but seems to just fade into the walls. Here is a pick of the stuff on the walls below.

Before
P1010058.JPG

After
DSC05032.JPG

As you can see not only do you get H20 block, you get a much brighter space.

Travis

New User
Travis
Yep T-111 is pretty cool stuff. Plan to sheet rock the other side and finish as a rec room in the next month. Wife keeps trying to take my space becasue of the windows in the shop. Says it is to good of space to waste on a shop. HA HA HA, Too bad, possesion is 9/10 of the law.

Tools Rule. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS