Logs to lumber with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis

New User
Travis
Here is my shot at pictures embedded in a thread.

The logs....

P1010001.JPG

The sawing "wood funning"....
P1010007.JPG

The final product...
P1010014.JPG

I hope the images came through. I used Monty's advanced method.

Last edited by a moderator:

Travis

New User
Travis
This is frustrating. I thought that the pictures were supposed to post with the actual text. Is their anyting else to do.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I don't know what you did that didn't work right. That is a different method than I use to post pics. I copy/paste the URL of the pic into the Insert Image box, and all is well.

P1010001.JPG

P1010013.JPG

P1010014.JPG

It seems you're using a lot of child labor :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great pics, I wish I had a load of wood like that.
Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Travis -- you had the wrong picture for your Logs and you used all CAPS and Bold for the

J

jeff...

I see you use a high tech end grain sealer, like I do :lol: (daughter). Nice pics and great stack job BTW. It a good feeling to see folks make something of trees, instead of firewood :eusa_clap

Thanks

Monty

New User
Monty
You must have been trying to post thumbnails.... ? There shouldn't be any bold tags in there, and there were also a couple of URL tags. I think the reason it didn't work is because of the bold tags [B ] and [/B ]. I think that the bold tags probably came into play is because I'm guessing you probably copied the code from my FAQ post right? I made the tag codes bold in that post for emphasis. The WYSIWYG editor does funky things with text formatting tags that result in unpredictable things happening like what you see above. That's exactly why I don't use the WYSIWYG editor, but that's another story.... :roll:

Honestly, I think there is a simpler way to accomplish the thumbnail thing, rather than trying to type out the tags. Let me update the FAQ... I think I can make it a little clearer.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Might want to put a roof over that stack. I just bought some plastic corrigated roofing material from Lowes in 4x8 sheets. The sun will absolutely ruin the top layers of your stack. Also think about weighting the stack down to keep the wood flat.

Nice stack of wood for sure!!!!

Travis

New User
Travis
Yep, I have a roof on it now. Thanks for the tip. It is hard to wait for lumber to dry. Saw an article in American Woodworker on a solar kiln. Pretty cool but about $800 to build. Are you going to air dry your black walnut or place in some tyoe of Kiln.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS