Lilly's Crate and pattern transfer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIVEBYFIVE

New User
MICHAEL
Here is what that pile of wood slats Leigh's dad game me. Not too shabby I think. Is it possible to heat transfer a pattern from an inkjet printer? Can I use a laser photocopier and transfer the pattern with an iron.
IMG_1914.JPG

IMG_1913.JPG

IMG_1918.JPG

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Michael,
Nice looking work with the slats! A laser printer/copier will do the trick for transfering images using an iron. Inkjets don't use heat in the process. Just remember to reverse the image and size it appropriately, before you print it. Good luck,

FIVEBYFIVE

New User
MICHAEL
How much bigger should I have made it. Its 2.5 ft tall, 2ft wide, and 3ft deep. I was going to finish it, but I thought the smell would deter her from going in it.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
My wife has used T-shirt transfer paper in her inkjet. It was especially made for the ink jet printer, don't know if it would transfer to wood. I think it wood (pun intended), but don't know.

cskipper

Cathy
The pictures of Lilly make me think that she is either a Rotty or at least part Rotty. Rottys grow up to be really large dogs. So it depends on whether or not you intend the crate to be used until she is house broken or longer. How big are her feet?

DavidF

New User
David
How much bigger should I have made it. Its 2.5 ft tall, 2ft wide, and 3ft deep. I was going to finish it, but I thought the smell would deter her from going in it.

The average crate for a rottie would be about a foot bigger than that all around.

And don't forget the comfy blanket, toys etc... Go on let her sleep on the sofa; you know you want to:lol: :lol:

sapwood

New User
Roger
5x5,

Hey, the dog house looks good to me. Just make sure it's big enough for you to sleep in when needed :lol:

Roger

FIVEBYFIVE

New User
MICHAEL
Thanks for the complement about Lilly's house. I want ever have to sleep in it. When we got a new couch the old one went out into the garage. Now all I need to do is hook up the wood stove and I'll be set. Oh yea Leigh and I arent married yet, and the house is in my name. I hope I made Lilly's house big enough for her. hehehehahaha just kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS