Leigh Mortise & Tenon Jig Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Has anyone ever used the very expensive Leigh Mortise & Tenon jig (link at bottom if you don't know which one I'm talking about)?

Though out of my price range, I'd like to hear what others think about it -- in particular its ease of use and quality of the job.

Give me your two cents! :-?

Leigh Frame Mortise & Tenon Jig
http://www.leighjigs.com/fmt.php

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Hmmm......first time I have seen that jig. I wonder if there are other brands out there that are not as expensive.

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The Leigh FM&T is probably one on the best on the market. I wish I owned one and could tell you first hand. But if it has the quality of their Dt jigs, then you can't go wrong
My .02, Dave:)

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
You can buy a WoodRat for less $$$ or you can build a couple of jigs for your router or you can do 'loose tenon' work with something like this.
HorizontalRouterHangon2_thumb.jpg

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
The Woodcraft store on Glenwood in Raleigh has a tennoning jig on the sale table in the middle of the store. Can't remember the brand name but it cost a LOT less. ... Maybe Tom could fill in the details?

Ray

frigator

New User
Robin Frierson
I have it, works great, allows me to do double tenons, something I never did before having the jig... Makes cutting mortises fast and easy, though I still long for the Dave Marks multirouter.....

Now that I got a new, bigger shop I plan to permanently set my Leigh up somewhere, I used to take it down and put it on my bench......I started out using a Bosch router with it but found when locked the router only locked on one post and wobbled just enough to mess up the shoulders, if you werent careful. Its a pain to take the router in and out, so you pretty much have to dedicate a router to the jig... Only downside is the dust collection is not that great on the jig.

Its an expensive jig, but just about everything I build is M/T so it gets a lot of use.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Ray Martin said:
The Woodcraft store on Glenwood in Raleigh has a tennoning jig on the sale table in the middle of the store. Can't remember the brand name but it cost a LOT less. ... Maybe Tom could fill in the details?

Ray
It's a Trend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors