Left Hander's Crosscut Sled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I needed a simple, but effective, crosscut sled. This plan appeared in the October 2003 issue of Wood magazine. On the plan, the longest part of the sled was to the left of the blade. Being a southpaw, I stand to the right of the blade. It's just much more comfortable that way. Therefore, I reversed the plan. As mentioned in a post a couple of weeks ago, after setting the fence, I used the 5 cut method and got a variance of .002 which is 4 times the actual variance. This certainly is not the fanciest crosscut sled I've seen but it is square and highly effective. I'm happy. Thanks to FredP for the plexiglass. I got it from him at the picnic last Saturday. Sure wish we had another scheduled for tomorrow. That was some fine food and fellowship.
crosscut1.jpg

crosscut2.jpg

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nice sled design, Stuart!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_dancI really like the T-track in the fence for your stop blocks etc:icon_thum:icon_thum.

I just about finished two bookcases (for a local church) and used the sled pretty exclusively for most of my wide crosscuts. Works great and I feel a lot safer!!

Nice adaptation!

Wayne

Bryan S

Bryan
Great sled Stuart. You got alot of support from the extension table and it should make croscuts on longer panels safer even for those of us that are right handed. I wish I had put t-track in the one I just built.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Well done, Stuart!
That is a large sled . . . perhaps 30-40" wide??? Should handle wide and long nicely :icon_thum

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS