Latest turnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

New User
Rob
Majestic Pen from Spalted pecan. Thanks Scott, beautiful piece of wood.

majestic1_copy.jpg

Sweetgum bowl, wood came from ScottM, I love the grain in it.

sweetgum_copy.jpg

And my photography is getting better, or I should say my photoshop skills.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
The SG actually came from FredP's front yard. I was just the PE driver. So it was another NCWW team effort. Nice job on both Rob.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Very nice Rob! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Ok, that's it. You have inspired me to go down and do some turnings. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Nice turnings indeed, Rob.
Simply amazing what talent and super raw resources can produce.
^5 on the team approach! With a support system like we are fontunate to have here hard to expect any less isn't it?
Kudos Fred and Scott! And another to NCWW!

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Absolutely beautiful work, Rob. I've seen pecan before and knew it could be a pretty wood. But Sweet Gum? Dang, I've been cutting that stuff down and throwing it in the fireplace. I might have to salvage a few logs next year and get them sawed.

Anybody have much experience using Sweet Gum for flat work? How is it to mill; dry; work?

Bill

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Absolutely beautiful work, Rob. I've seen pecan before and knew it could be a pretty wood. But Sweet Gum? Dang, I've been cutting that stuff down and throwing it in the fireplace. I might have to salvage a few logs next year and get them sawed.

Anybody have much experience using Sweet Gum for flat work? How is it to mill; dry; work?

Bill

sweet gum turns better than it burns!:rotflm: flat work you say? you'll have to ask Jeff Mills.:rotflm: He says it dries like snakes........ Once it is dry it works ok but tends to be a bit unstable and is not rot resistant in the least.:gar-Bi

woodturnerdon

New User
Don
Beautiful pen and that bowl is Gorgeous!

Fred is right, gum turns nicely but for flat work it isn't very good.

Again, very nice work.

Don L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS