Latest Turnings - Corian/ Acrylics/ Wood Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
I had the request from my daughter to provide pens to her teachers for Teacher Appreciation next month. So I figured this would give me a chance to work on a few different designs and get in some practice.
The pens starting from the right side are Spalted Maple that had to be stabilized, Cocoboa (spelling ?), acrylics, 2 Corian - Saturn kit, Ebony - Cigar pen kit, Purple Heart - Slim Line kit and another acrylic pen - Saturn kit.

During a recent visit to Brad's shop, which was a very enjoyable afternoon, is when I got the chance to try the Corian material. I think I'm hooked, but the 1/2" material is just enough to make a Saturn pen out of.

I thought I would share this with the group as you all have been very supportive in giving opinions to guide me through the new experience of turning pens. My wife is now asking, "what are you going to do with all the pens you are making". That is a very good question. I may give Staples a run for their money. :rotflm:
pen_fan_1.JPG

View image in gallery

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
After turning the two pens from the blanks I received from Brad; I went and saw Dean. Bought some of the corian material he had and went through one of his blue barrels of wood.
I cut corian blanks for about an hour yesterday. I'm getting stocked up. :gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors