Klingspore Grand Opening - Asheville (Fletcher)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
NCWWR's,

We want to thank you for the efforts of many to make it to our event tomorrow. Ed in Asheville store says all is good in and around our location so we are a go.

I will learn the best times to do an event in Asheville NC and maybe February might not be the best....:D Please try to make it, I promise it will be fun if you can be there.

Be careful.

Coleman

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
O.K.
We got it!
Everything is back on as planned.
The trailer will be on its way to Fletcher by 1:00 this after noon.

I look forward to seeing everybody there!

Once again, in the face of adversity, the NCWW team pulls together and makes "stuff" happen!!!
not quite my day. Since I blew a tire on my truck. I decided to get my dump truck, when I raised the bed to get some snow out I blew the lift pump, but only after the bed got half way up and that is where it sits. Moving to plan c. All I do know is the trailer will be out and on the way today

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
not quite my day. Since I blew a tire on my truck. I decided to get my dump truck, when I raised the bed to get some snow out I blew the lift pump, but only after the bed got half way up and that is where it sits. Moving to plan c. All I do know is the trailer will be out and on the way today

I cannot wait to hear plan C!

Wow. What a day!!!!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phil will be here in a few minutes and we'll try to get the trailer to higher ground so Dirk can snatch it over to Asheville. Even with 4-wheel drive I'm not confident of success, but if need be we'll call a wrecker to get it out. They shouldn't be very busy today so we'll only have to wait a few hours for that. Here's hoping 4-wheel drive succeeds.

I'm not feeling well so won't make it to Asheville myself.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
If you guys need another 4x to daisy chain let me know. I could probably get by and help out. Kids are out of school yet again, but I could probably work something out.

B.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Trailer is out. Life is good and I still think this snow is pretty. Growing up in Minnesota will never leave me

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Good deal. :eusa_clap

And you're right the snow is pretty, but we're all getting stir crazy with the kids being out of school and cooped up for almost 2 weeks now! :gar-Bi

B

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
As Phil said Dirk picked up the trailer and it is on the way to Asheville. It was a lot of hard work getting it up the hill - mostly done by Phil.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I re-injured my shin and not having a good weekend. Maybe next time.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Anyone in town for the Event the might want to meet up for dinner send me an email please....waltswoodworking07@gmail.com

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I just got back from the store and have been loading my truck for the event. The tent was being erected as I left about 3PM. I have sent Dirk an email -- I understand Sawman101 is also here in town and I'll try to reach him as well. See you all in the morning if I don't catch you tonight.

Rob

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for all the support from the NC West community. This will benefit you the most. Sorry my health got in the way of participating fully. And thanks to Dirk for getting the trailer there.

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
My daughter and I will wander in a little after 10:00. We have 14 twist pen blank pairs ready to turn, and I have a few bowls in various stages of completetion to display and talk about.

See ya'll in the morning.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
My daughter and I will wander in a little after 10:00. We have 14 twist pen blank pairs ready to turn, and I have a few bowls in various stages of completetion to display and talk about.

See ya'll in the morning.
WOO HOO!
Can't wait to get some pictures of a "Professional turner" - no not you Adam, I meant your daughter! :D

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I took a bunch of pictures, but I am dog-tired after today's Grand Opening. I'll post some tomorrow. But congratulations to Coleman Fourshee and his entire crew for a great day -- lots of people in attendance and a successful sales day. And kudos to Golfdad and the NCWoodworkers team (Adam, Charles Lent, Bruce Swanson (Sawman101), Captn Andy, Chesspy and Melissa, and of course that quiet, reserved guy Hank for a great day of demos. My group of guys from the Western NC Woodworkers Association had a god day as well. Congratulations to Andy for winning the Grand Prize in the Drawing.

Good event, more to follow tomorrow.

Rob

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Itwas a great day. Goleman and his staff did a wonderful job as usual. Had a great turnout. Want to thank all those that demo'ed.Met some new faces and saw some old ones as well. Congrats to Andy as well.....Hank brought some nice planes for all to see. Also want folks to know the new Klingspor store is very nice. Great staff and I hope everyone gets a chance to pay them a visit.

mcsincnj

New User
Mike Miller
I posted pictures in the Gallery in Outreach Events but I couldn't create a subtopic. So, I am not sure if they are in the right area.
Keyword search "Klingspore Grand Opening - Asheville (Fletcher)" same as this post.

If they have to be or can be moved, please let me know how.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/show...ore-grand-opening-asheville-fletcher&cat=2585

Having been some days in preparation
A splendid time was guaranteed for all - Mccartney & Lennon

Last edited:

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I have also posted some pictures to the Outreach Gallery and also to an Album in my Gallery with several pictures from the event yesterday. Here is one that stands out, CaptnA (Andy Henderson) poses with Coleman Fourshee after winning the Grand Prize gift certificate late Saturday afternoon. Congratulations, Andy!

IMG_1968.JPG

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Lot's of good pictures out there now. I guess Hank never showed up as I didn't see a single picture of him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS