Kave Woodshop Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

kave

Kettrell
Corporate Member
I retired December 31st. Retirement is the second best job I've ever had. Being a Granddaddy is the best job! Here are a couple projects I've completed in retirement. Both are constructed from reclaimed barn wood. The Grill Cart has been finished with 3 coats of marine poly and is covered when not in use. I was commissioned to build the the golf ball display for a guy in North Dakota. It is finished with 3 applications of BLO, mineral spirits and poly (equal parts). Sorry for the orientation of the photos! They were taken with my Iphone and are positioned correctly on my computer, but flip when posted on the forum.

Attachments

• Golf Ball Display2.jpg
    Golf Ball Display2.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 66
  • GrillCart1.jpg
    GrillCart1.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 65
  • GrillCart3.jpg
    GrillCart3.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 66

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
WooHoo only 384 more months for me until retirement :BangHead:, great looking projects.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
WooHoo only 384 more months for me until retirement :BangHead:, great looking projects.

I'm only 120 or so months away from retirement, and I feel the same...projects to do, not enough time to do them.

I like that project!!! I'd say I can't wait to have that retirement job, but I'll have to. Nice work!!!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great looking projects with some nice solid looking results. Excellent job recycling too.

Fine job right there.

Wayne

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
I was put out about 17 years ago at age 50 after a back injury and have been retired ever since and I am now 66. I don't think I was ready to retire because I really don't like it myself. I would much rather be back in the work force.....part time at least.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
:gar-BiI retired 4 years ago, and I keep threatening to go back to work so I can get some rest.
It's wonderful to be able to work in my shop most days, when my wife doesn't have other ideas.
:help:

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I think it's about 144 months to retirement for me...UGH....But, I also don't want to wish my life away. So I'm making the most of work time...shop time...kid time!
Nice job BTW!

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I retired about about 52 months ago - didn't want to, wasn't ready to - mentally, but the physical part needed a break. Would not have left otherwise. Don't so much want to go back as wish I was physically able to.
I agree retirement is a decent gig, but daddy and grand daddy are indeed my first and second choices!
Very nice work Kave. Not seen a gold ball display before, I may be able to do something for a multi-sport friend with some of his collection of sports treasures from hockey pucks to footballs etc.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I look forward to working full time in about ten years or so. I only work about 60 hours a week now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors