Just In Time for XMAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I finally finished a change table for my upcoming grand baby due in about three weeks. It is a surprise Christmas present for by oldest daughter.:wsmile:

A big thank you to SteveCogs here at the site for his inspiration and access to a plan. :icon_thum

I used the last of my red oak stash from Scott and Jeff. Used dowels and dado’s for most of the joinery and taking great advise from several folks here (FredP, Bas and Joe Scharle), installed full extension drawer slides – a first for me. I also built the drawer box using a drawer lock bit in my router table. Another first! Finish is just Minwax Golden Pecan stain and 5 coats of wipeon satin poly.

LOML ordered the mattress pad and picked out the wicker baskets for supplies.

100_14931.jpg

100_1494.jpg

100_1505.jpg

Now. Just need to get it moved out of my shop and onto the next “baby project” – a white oak childs dresser. Let the fun begin!!!:eek::eek:

Thanks for looking.

Wayne

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Nice job:eusa_clap It will look even better with that upcoming new addition to the family lying on it:icon_thum:eusa_danc

SawBuck

New User
Lonnie
The changing table looks great Wayne. I can see this gift becoming a family heirloom. :eusa_clap

-SawBuck

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Fine job there Wayne. I'm sure they're gonna love it. :icon_thum Looking forward to seeing that dresser completed next weekend. :gar-La;

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice Wayne. It looks excellent, and exceedingly practical. You didn't mention the little inlay in the back!

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
That is a beautiful changing table. Very nice work. Your daughter will be very happy.

Red

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Thoughtful and timely - very nice piece. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Next up...dresser...crib...rocking horse... (the list goes on).

Nothing like love-driven motivation to bring you in just in time for Christmas.

Chuck

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thanks for all of the kind words, everyone!!:wsmile::wsmile: It really wasn't a complex project at all, gave me a chance to play a little with extension slides and my drawer lock bit!:gar-La;

Very nice Wayne. It looks excellent, and exceedingly practical. You didn't mention the little inlay in the back!

Bas.

That little inlay was the ultimate cheater!!!!!!!!!! Ordered it from Rockler...

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=1034&filter=carvings%27

LOML said that the back crest looked a little plain/naked!

Well. With the change pad on, you can just catch a glimpse of the top of it!:gar-Bi

Thanks again everyone.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors