Jointer Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve W

New User
Steve
Well, I picked up my Ridgid 6" jointer from Jeff in Oak Ridge (told him about this forum, too, BTW).:)

After all my worrying about whether or not I could (a) fit it into our station wagon and (b) move it to the shop without having to hire the Incredible Hulk for assistance, I was able to do both quite easily. :eusa_clap

It runs really nice but I will need to replace the knives (no big deal!).

I also stopped at the Candy Store (Woodworker's Supply in Graham) and got another mobile base hardware set for it.

I'm glad I waited for one of these instead of taking whatever I could find in the size range. It's a nice machine! I can't wait to start on my workbench now.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_1889 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1889 (Small).JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1890 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1890 (Small).JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 114

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I think you'll be really happy with that jointer. It's a great value machine. I have one and have been very happy with it. Now if they just made a 8 or 10" model.

Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Con-suck-ulations on the new [STRIKE]toy[/STRIKE].... er, new tool! :eusa_clap

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks like someone got their rebate check already! :lol:
Consuckulations are definitely in order here.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Congrats on the new addition! I have really enjoyed my Ridgid tools. Dave is exactly right, they're a great value. Enjoy. :icon_thum

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Glad you got it home Steve and wish I'd been able to help you get it home. Based on what I've heard and read you,ll be happy with it. BTW a trip to Geensboro gives me a good enough excuse to stop at Stameys for some BBQ.

Steve W

New User
Steve
Bryan, that would have been an excellent idea but I was on a tight schedule yesterday. I have yet to get to Stamey's but have heard good things (uh-oh, BBQ! Yum!)

Dave, have you replaced the knives on yours? The knives are nicked on mine and I think it would be easiest, from what I've heard, to grab some Freud knives from Amazon or some similar place.

I'm also thinking about getting the dial indicator and base that Grizzly sells (and I can order through Amazon). Opinions?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dave, have you replaced the knives on yours? The knives are nicked on mine and I think it would be easiest, from what I've heard, to grab some Freud knives from Amazon or some similar place.

I haven't had to replace or sharpen the knives yet. But when I do I'll pick up an extra set of the Freud. I think that they are easier to find and obtain than the Ridgid, probably better quality too.
Dave:)

Steve W

New User
Steve
Bob,

This sounds like a good excuse for me to make a run to Hillsborough next weekend :eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS