JET Line Boring head for Mortise Machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
What are your thoughts on this device? Looks like it could be an item worth considering, especially considering it's current bid price. don't think I could justify it at the original list, something over $500, but at less than $150 it seems worth a look.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
As I read the specs, it only bores 5mm holes @ 32mm o.c., right? If you're doing adjustable shelving, a lot of cabinet makers use this to only place a series of 5 holes at a predetermined range & not continuous. Less confusing when placing shelf cleats.
With 4 bidders on it, I'd guess there will be a last minute bidding war. That's been my experience w/ Ebay. Ask yourself what your max bid would be, post it & let Ebay do the rest. Good luck.:icon_thum

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
not bidding now, as I have no mortiser either.... just a consideration for the future for me. I had never considered the mortiser to be a multipurpose machine. I wonder if an attachment for the Blum-style hinges is available, too?

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
not bidding now, as I have no mortiser either.... just a consideration for the future for me. I had never considered the mortiser to be a multipurpose machine. I wonder if an attachment for the Blum-style hinges is available, too?

Yes---there is an attachment for the Blum-style hinges. I have one that mounts on the drill press. Has bits for the screw on type or press fit type hinges. Nice to be able to drill all 3 holes at the same time. NOT cheap when bought new------mine was in the 300.00- range if I remember correctly.

Jerry

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I actually saw that and thought about bidding on it. The 5mm part doesn't bother me as 5 mm shelf pins are very common, plus you could always put different bits in it to get 1/4".

My concern with it is how far in can you really get for your shelves? I haven't measured my mortiser, but I don't think I can get very in ward on it so how far in from the edge you can put your holes may be limited more than desirable.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
splitter, welcome to the site! I suggest you introduce yourself in the Who We Are forum. We like to hear about our new members interests, and see pics of tools, shops, and projects!

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
i saw this thread the other day and didn't think of it then but i have the little gizmo32 and you can put it in a drill press and accomplish the same thing, except it only has (2) bits instead of (4), but it's a lot less expensive than the jet set up.

http://www.amazon.com/Gizmo-32-32mm-Portable-Boring/dp/B000KVUW2A

21CBZ6NA9DL._SL500_AA150_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS