Jet 15" Planer

Status
Not open for further replies.

windknot

Scott
Senior User
I just fried the motor in my 15 5/8" Jet planer last night. It is out of production at Jet but it is the same planer as the Makita 2040. Has anyone had any motor problems and had to rebuild? I dropped the motor off this morning at a shop and have not yet heard a damage estimate. It is good to know that the parts are available from Makita.

Dusty Sawyer

New User
David
I don't know what the story my be on the planers, but I know that many parts are interchangable between Jet and Grizzly for other machines. You might check out what the story is there.

-David

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
As long as the motor is a standard size (and it should be, but who knows), you should be able to find parts or a replacement motor from any number of aftermarket sources.

When you get access to the motor again, check the "frame" designation on the motor's nameplate. Match that, phase, RPM and HP and you've got a replacement.

-Mark

windknot

Scott
Senior User
Just picked up my rebuit motor in Greenville. They replaced the brushes, commutator, and re-aligned something. Parts $17.00, Labor $80.00 I guess I shouldn't complain, it could have been a rewind. Now I need to get hte knives to Raleigh Saw for a good sharpening and I will have the machine back in service. I ended up planing about 600 LF of 6"-7" heart pine on my 12" Delta. I went through $50.00 in knives and gave the little machine quite a workout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS