Jet 10" Workshop Saw Spitting H/W

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
A lock washer dropped from under the cabinet this morning, as I was returning the tilt from 45 degrees to 0 degrees. I looked at the exploded view of the saw, and it looks like part #42, and it goes inside the cabinet, before the collet on the blade height adjustment. Nothing feels loose on the blade height or angle adjust. I took a peek under the hood, and everything appears in order.

How much can I obsess over this? Or do you suggest I call Jet to get a "warm fuzzy" that it is nothing to worry about?

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about your saw will respond Tom :eusa_pray
But I wouldn't just ignore it. A lock washer shouldn't just fall off, unless it's broken or the nut that holds it on is removed. :eusa_thin

Just my 2 cents,
Roger

erasmussen

New User
RAS
If a lock washer comes off any of my tools I worry:-(
I want to know where the nut for it is, where it came from and WHY it came off8-O
But thats just me:-?

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Thanks guys. I had finished cobbign together a tool rack out of scrap when the lock washer fell off. I will have to put on my headlamp and take a closer look under the hood.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I emailed wmhtoolgroup about my Jet issue, including part numbers. The only thing they requested was the serial number of my saw (which I forgot to include in my original email. I await their reply.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I'm wondering how the lock washer fell off without the nut falling off first! Makes you wonder if it had been left inside, unused, sitting on top of something from assembly and finally fell off.

Good luck!

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS