It will put tears in your eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
There is a thread over on Woodnet.net titled "Best of the Cheapest" and one "Lets get this boy a saw for Christmas" Go and read them, but have the kleenex handy. It proves that Santa does still exist I saw it last nite (Sunday, Nov 27). It definitely will renew your faith in mankind. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yea, I will agree, every once in a while the caring folks come out on Woodnet. Must be full moon or really cold in Hell. BTW, Andrew is getting my old tablesaw. I hope he puts it to some good use. I asked him to make something for Toys for Tots or a similar organization in exchange. I really didn't think that it would go a far as it has, but it must be the spirit of the season. Dave(DMO):)

gator

George
Corporate Member
Dave -

I may see you when you meet Alan ('Bones') in Durham Saturday. I have never met him, but he and my brother are friends and I want to meet him just to say I have. Since he is staying Friday night in Rougemont, I suggested maybe the new Lowes just north of Durham Regional Hospital (he will probably be coming in 501), there would be a big parking lot for him to pull in with his trailer.

George

DaveO

New User
DaveO
George, that sounds great, I had no idea where to meet him at, so I will take your recommendation. You seem to show up at every "forum member meeting occasion" I get, that's weird, but cool. It will be good to see you again. I wish he could have gotten the saw you suggested, I'm sure it is better than my offer, but my saw has done me well for many years and I'm sure it will be put to a better use than the dust depository position it is currently serving in my shop. See you this weekend. Dave:)

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Dave,

That is an awesome gesture on your part, I'm sure that it will go to good use.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I am not doing it to gain anything, other than some space in my shop. I was a college student, a long time ago, and the saw was all that my wife and I could afford at the time. I have since moved on to a better saw and I feel that if it is something that he wants, then it is better used than collecting dust in my shop. So please don't give me your props, but send them to the guys who have donated money to buy Andrew some more tools. It is amazing what a world comunity of woodworkers can pull off, if they get their heads out of their arses. It is kinda like the movie "Pay It Forward". I was given a tool by one of our members, and love it, so I am just doing the same to another. Do onto others as you would have them do to you. Dave:oops: :)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
It took me a while to locate the post you guys were referring to over on Woodnet but I finally found it. That is a great gesture on every ones part. Dave, I am glad to see your saw will be going to a good cause. Who knows, maybe Andrew will pass on the favor to a fellow woodworker in the future like you have.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS