It is finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
Well, the play kitchen for my niece and nephew is finally finished. For those that missed earlier posts, it is a 3 piece set of wooden applians - stove, sink, and frig. All made from beach and walnut. I will be delivering the refrigerator as the final installment right after Memorial day. As is customary, here are the pics...

The full set and a very satisfied customer...
2010_051.jpg

View image in gallery
The stove details...
The sink details...
The refrigerator details...

Enjoy! :eusa_danc
Dan

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
That's just beautiful work! You're really gonna let kids PLAY with it???? I've seen what my kids do to their toys..... :elvis:

T

toolferone

FANTASTIC SET!

I have enjoyed seeing each one as you finished it. It is a set to be very proud of. It should last generations. I hope you signed and dated the peices.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Great job Dan. Having seen the progress on most of the work, I know the attention to detail was amazing. The kids are going to love it! :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Dan, your attention to detail is amazing. It take a lot of love, aka work, to make such toys works of art!

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Dan - Magnificent sets! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

You are a very thoughtful and loving uncle. They will always remember uncle Dan.

Chuck

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Whew! Now that is a completed project!

I've seen the kitchen parts during the process. The amount of thought and the ingenuity in the little details is just amazing!

Congrats Dan!!

Jim

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Dan, that is just outstanding. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Your niece and nephew are now the proud owners of a play kitchen that is nicer than most of the kitchens in our homes. :gar-La; It was great seeing you yesterday. Please send our best to Connie. :icon_thum

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Dan: OUTSTANDING work. And it's plain to see your niece is just thrilled with it. Did you design this yourself, or was it from a plan? I'm interested in doing something down the road for grand-kids (maybe great grand-kids :wsmile:).

Bill

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Dan.... um.... please remove these pics. my g-daughters may see them and......:rotflm: Nice work. The details are kewl.

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
[QUOTE=Bill Clemmons: Did you design this yourself, or was it from a plan? I'm interested in doing something down the road for grand-kids (maybe great grand-kids :wsmile:).

Well, kinda did what I always seem to end up doing... saw a picture, liked it, modified it, made it happen. slower than using someone's plan, but then, the end product is unique to me.

I looked at all sorts of internet versions to get approximate sizes, thinking they would be close to any toy accessories the kids might get to play with the kitchen appliances. Other than that, I just let my imagination run wild. I did mostly pattern it after a specific wooden version I saw online though.

Hope this helps,
Dan

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Thanks Dan. Sounds like we use the same design process. Step 1: see something close to what you want and start tweaking it. Step 2: Show it to the wife to get her thoughts. Step 3,4,5,6,7,8: repeat step 2. . . . . . . . :rotflm:
Seriously, it's a beautiful kitchen and as someone else pointed out, should be cherished for generations to come.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS