Is this vacuum pump useful for anything in the workshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
http://www.harborfreight.com/media/...ab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_3644.jpg
Centpneu.gif

Air Vacuum Pump with R134A and R12 Connectors

Item # 96677 Manufacturer: Central Pneumatic

Maintenance Free, No Moving Parts!

Only: $14.99
Sale: $8.99

Add Items to Cart Qty: Add to Cart

Shipping
Economy Ground Shipping available.

Availability: In stock
Leaves the warehouse in 1-2 business days.

Quick Overview

Air Vacuum Pump with R134A and R12 Connectors

1 Review(s) | Add Your Review

Customer Rating:

Description
Venturi-type vacuum pump removes moisture from air conditioning systems so you can safely add refrigerant. Easy to operate, just connect an air line and it pulls full vacuum within 2 minutes. Ideal for automotive air conditioners, home air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers, and more!

• Includes 1/2" ACME (R134a) and R12 connectors
  • Vacuum level: 28.3" of mercury at sea level
  • Air consumption: 4.2 CFM @ 90 PSI
  • Air inlet: 1/4'' NPT
Overall dimensions: 8-3/8" L X 5" W X 6-1/2" H

Last edited:

Glennbear

Glenn
There are pneumatically powered vacuum pumps sold for vacuum bagging (veneering etc) the problem with this one is the connectors are designed for AC systems. I would also be hesitant regarding functionality because of the very low price. The other consideration would be whether your compressor has enough cfm.:wsmile:

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
Thanks. I didn't think it was useful but just wanted to check. I have that manual pump vacuum bag for veneering.

Dudelive

New User
Dude
Really depending on what you want to do with it. They do work quite well as Glenn stated, they need a GOOD air compressor to function properly. Probably the fittings could be changed but keep in mind this type of pump is hard on a compressor.

That is the reason I mentioned depending on what you had in mind for it's use.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
That venturi uses TOO MUCH AIR. It was designed to pull a higher level of vacuum than is needed in the workshop, plus it's an inefficent design. Right now my memory is drawing a blank :icon_scrafor the name of the ones I use, but I can remember the model#. :icon_cheers Air-Vac model AVRO93, available Air-Vac Engineering (google them.) This is the venturi that is included with most of the smaller vacuum kits you see. They now sell direct through their "online store." I used to have to order through Baker Air and Hydraulics in Greenville. With any vacuum pump, you need to be sure and have a filter on the inlet from bag. I use an automotive fuel filter, one with a metal case, and consider it a "disposable."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS