Intro of new member

Lane Kim

New User
Lane
My name is Lane and I recently retired. What's next? Looking for a place in the Bervard area near a small airport. Woodworker for 60 years and will set up a small shop to play around with furniture and airplane build projects. Hope I can find lumber still or is it all gone? I will save my American Chestnut stash and my small equipment. Everything else is too heavy to move . Wish me luck.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I’m in the Twin Lakes Executive AirPark in Trenton SC. No plane. No pilot license. But hangers make great shops. Fly on down and I’ll walk over and meet you at the runway.

Lane Kim

New User
Lane
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I will be building my next airplane and that will take some jigs and such. Nice to have a hanger for the final assembly but the bulk of the work will be at my new shop when I build that first. Always the shop first then the house!

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Lots of folks here live in their hangers- hangdominiums!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Lane,
I think there is still a little wood left to make some small projects! LOL (especially out your way!)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great! We are going to Brevard for Christmas and Asheville too. Any good woodworking shops manufacturing still there? KAVL sort of had a bad rep with AOPA is that still going on?
If you want to venture to Hickory, there is the Klingspor candy or should I say woodworking shop. Klingspor is our major corporate sponsor of our forum. The GM, Coleman, is a real stand-up guy.

teesquare

T
Senior User
Great! We are going to Brevard for Christmas and Asheville too. Any good woodworking shops manufacturing still there? KAVL sort of had a bad rep with AOPA is that still going on?
The AOPA is accurate - in my experience. I love Klingspor corporate. I will drive to Hickory to pick up anything I need - if I don't want to just let the big brown truck deliver it. But I will NOT deal with the Asheville store until there is a change in management there. Not going any further with that subject here - because I respect Klingspor corporate, and this forum and it's members.:)

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Oh Oh! ScottM may lose his Klingspor's discount card! Just kidding, but there is a Klingspor's Woodworking Shop in Asheville (actually in Fletcher on Rutledge Rd off Airport Rd). More than an hour closer than the Hickory store and I have never encountered anyone with concerns with the Fletcher store management so I do not understand one poster's comment.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS