Interesting Web Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Recently, I ran across the following web site, which I found to be both interesting and informative. Perhaps my fascination with the site is because I am relatively new to woodworking, nonetheless, I thought I would share it for the benefit of other newbies...perhaps some veterans will find it useful as well.

Cheers!

http://www.hobbithouseinc.com/personal/woodpics/_g_A.htm

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Kewl! I knew about the wood ID site - it is one of the best because it has so many pictures of each - but not the glossary.

Dragon

New User
David
Thanks for the link. Saved that one so I can go back and look at it detail while the snowstorm keeps me housebound. :tinysmile_tongue_t:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
:thumbs_up:thumbs_upWe should ask the Administrators if that could be placed in the links library.

M

McRabbet

:thumbs_up:thumbs_upWe should ask the Administrators if that could be placed in the links library.
Absolutely! It should be added to the Woodworking Reference Category as "Hobbit House Glossary" DRW -- it is easy to do -- click on Link Library in the Blue Menu Bar, then click on Woodworking Reference. Next, just follow the steps for "Submit a Link" just below the brown Nav Bar. It is a great resource.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
It's already there for the wood reference portion. Software will not allow duplicate websites so we may need to look at editing the title to 'glossary' on the downloads index.

M

McRabbet

I sent Donn (drw) a PM when he encountered a rejection from the Link Library because of the existing URL entry for the Hobbit House Wood Reference is so close to the desired Glossary entry. I gave him a "work around" using http://tinyURL.com, which will work. I hope he submits the link so we have both entries since it is not obvious for a user to get from one to the other from our Library.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Dennis and Rob,
With Rob's help, I managed to get the site added to the reference links. Thanks for the encouragement.

Donn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors