I'll miss my Dewalt 735 planer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
now, with only 2 of the Delta Ap400 1 hp dust collectors in the shop, what will I need to handle this efficiently? And it will have a hard time topping my DW735! That was a sweet planer!

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Re: A little upgrade from my Dewalt 735....

Wayne,

I saw your post on the jointer and asked about the other half of the dynamic duo and then saw this. That is some nice steel and you will notice the real difference between it and the Dewalt when you fire that big boy up. What kind of knives did it come with, spiral or straight? IMHO, the little DC's will have a time keeping up with it but worth trying. Very nice snag.

Mike

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Came with 2 sets of knives. Will probably upgrade to a Byrd sometime in the future. The 20" Byrd heads are expensive though...Might just wear them knives out first!

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
Wow! That will make the lights dim when you fire it up. Looks like its made for some serious woodwork.

M

McRabbet

A minimum of 400 cfm is needed to capture chips from most planers, but that will be challenging with a 1 HP DC unless it is dedicated to the planer. I would add a chip separator to capture the majority of the planer output.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I have the ap400 and the pm planer. that planer will throw chips out WAY faster the the ap400 can catch em!:gar-La; trust me ... it's a mismatch. it will plug the ap400 in about 30 seconds.:eek: it will work somewhat with a separator in line but you will be dumping the separator more than planing! So if you enjoy emptying chips more than you enjoy planing........:rotflm:
I use big boxes and a 3x3 piece of 1/4" plywood. blow the chips at the plywood and let them fall into the box. I can fill 3 3x3x3 boxes in about 30 minits. the boxes are much easier to dump than the seperator. On nice days with a slight breeze I mulch the lawn!:gar-La;

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
I guess I'm gonna have to look real close at the Grizzly 2hp cyclone while the Microsoft cashback is at 30%!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Very nice machine! I have one with a Byrd head and LOVE IT!!!

It can fill a dust collector up extremely quick!

Congrats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS