If someone had to win . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie

Congratulations, Alan. Well done!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Now that you've got that "operating room" squared away, you can now go on to actually building something!!

:rotflm:

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
That's great Alan. I've always enjoyed reading about your shop updates/modifications and am glad to see that your ingenuity has been recognized and rewarded.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Congratulations Alan! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

And the award for the "Bottom Shop" goes toooooo.........

TRENT MASON!!!!!!!!!!!!

(crowd boos) :thumbs_do:thumbs_do:thumbs_do

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
:icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_cheeCongratulations, Alan!!!:icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee

All your hard work and ingenuity are paying off!!!!

Wayne

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
My fav comment:

Of course features like those are beyond the pale for most woodworkers, who won’t have the engineering savvy, budget, or patience to install them. :icon_thum

I liked that one and the MacGiver comment. Not sure I agree with savvy- for every working widget, I have made numerable failed attempts. As for budget, one of the reason I often buy used and fix or upgrade with Ebay, Craigs list, or salvage yard parts! As for patience, not hardly, just ask my wife when the "come, ons" start!

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member

Now that you've got that "operating room" squared away, you can now go on to actually building something!!

thanks.

Ya know, many (including me) have made that observation! :dontknow: But lately I have decided- I'm retired, so if I want to work 'on' instead of 'in' my shop, why not! Unfortunately, my shop is one of those "works in progress" that will never be done. :roll:

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member

Speaking of that- I've got the track installed but no curtain for my spray area. I was looking for some ripstop nylon- strong, lightweight, semi-transparent, and . . . too expensive. I don't think plastic will hang well. Anyone got any good suggestions on what to use for my spray booth curtain?

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Next question, any plans on what you are going to buy with your prize/gift card?

Two opposite thoughts-

1. As I said earlier- some Veritas vises and hard maple for a bench.

or

2. Sell the card to an NCWW (at a discount) and put the money towards my 20" Shelix fund.

Unless someone really has something in the $500-600 dollar range to buy and would like a 10-15% discount, I will likely just use it myself to buy stuff for my bench.

R

rickc

Congratulations on the recognition. I have been impressed from the first time I saw it. Good job!

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
Great Job Alan! Being one of the very lucky few to visit Alans Woodworking Laboratory!:gar-La; I am not surprised he won! Had Faith in him all along! I think if Willy Wonka was a woodworker he couldn't hold a candle to Alan's gadgets & Gizmos!! So If you havent been to Alan's Put it on your Todo list A truely great Shop Experiance! (hint hint Alan set up the ticket booth & start charging admission!):rotflm:

Yep you ROCK!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Hats off, gentlemen.

Alan, we salute you and your efforts. :icon_cheers :icon_cheers :icon_cheers :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Congratulations Inspector Gadget !:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
Alan,

I can't think of a shop more deserving of this award. Yes you are a tinkerer, and no you haven't put alot of money into your tricks. I just wish more people could get the "Nickel Tour" so that they could truly appreciate the work that you've done. Once again, congratulations on a well done job.

And they didn't even get to see the 'storpedo':gar-La;

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Congratulations Alan, there wasn't any fluff in your competition. But they did chose the right one as the Top Shop. The ideas and inspirations that have come out of your shop are second to none. And we are very glad to have you sharing them with us.

Dave:)

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Speaking of that- I've got the track installed but no curtain for my spray area. I was looking for some ripstop nylon- strong, lightweight, semi-transparent, and . . . too expensive. I don't think plastic will hang well. Anyone got any good suggestions on what to use for my spray booth curtain?

what about the disposable curtains that surround hospital beds?

OR - some disposable shower curtains? These might not be wide enough, but you could attach 3 - 4 together and they don't look that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS