If someone had to win . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
AILW Dude! Kudos! Huzzah!

I was somewhat disappointed that you had no pics of the fantastic augmentation you applied to your Hobie trailer. Man, you should have suspended that trailer from the hoist, and told the judges it was a petard upon which they could hoist themselves. Well, wait a minute... Maybe that's not such a great idea.

Hey, I'll leave it to you to come up with the ideas, and I'll just follow. What's that saying? Lead, follow, or get out of the way. I wanna follow the master.

Three thumbs up.

I'm gonna go to sleep tonight comforted with the knowledge that you and I and Mr. McRabbet have discoursed on matters, although I was able to add nothing to the conversation except that certain photocells are slow (inside joke to others reading).

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Alan,
congratulations on the win,you definitely deserve the rewards that come with winning that type of contest.Solving life's little problems around the shop without throwing tons of money at them says alot about your creativity and enginuity.I look forward to a magazine photo spread in the future, and if I ever get out that way I would love to see it in person.Again,you definitely earned it and congratulations.
Greg

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Well done. I don't think anyone who has followed your exploits for a while is surprised. I'm not. I'm just glad you've gotten a little recognition for your efforts...and that we are able to learn a little along the way.

Chuck

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
what about the disposable curtains that surround hospital beds?

OR - some disposable shower curtains? These might not be wide enough, but you could attach 3 - 4 together and they don't look that bad.

Thanks, I'll look into that. So far the only ones I have found online were $30 for a 5' wide curtain and you need to add 20% to the required width due to the fan fold so this could run into some money.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Congratulations. You well deserve it.:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Don't spend all the gift certificate in one place:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Cheapest way to buy rip-stop nylon is to buy an old parachute canopy. If you can contact one of the riggers at Ft Bragg, they probably have some 28 foot flat wraps (same as USAF pilot chute, but used by sport divers) which are green, white, and orange; 33' tactical chutes (green or brown), or a 24' reserve (usually white) which are damaged or otherwise listed as not serviceable. A reserve chute would probably give you all the material you would need.

Just a thought

Go

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Congratulations, Alan! While the competition was stiff you were far better than the rest.

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Congrats Alan-an inspiration to all of us-you deserve it. I'm to can't wait to get up your way for a tour.

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:clamps-clamps-why do I never have enough clamps

Andy Casiello

New User
Andy
Congratulations on a very well deserved win, Alan! Your engineering, design and construction details are incredible. You have given us all great ideas, and have set the bar very high. I'm a (television) engineer so I play with electronics a fair bit as well as woodworking. I love the automation details you built into the DC. Like many others, I'd love to see the shop sometime. Do you think you could have a springtime open house one day for some of us to take a look?

Congratulations again! We're proud of the local win!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Allan, you've certainly earned the right to brag on this one!
And the prize doesn't hurt either :eusa_clap
Well-earned recognition . . . but don't let that slow you down for future innovations :icon_thum

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS