I think I may have another on-site job

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

I QS'ed some oak today for a friend in exchange for using his band setter and sharpener. I loaded the oak in the back of my truck and pulled into one of those country stores to get bite to eat. While I'm waiting for my food a guy comes in and sits on the bar stool next to me. Asked me if that was my wood in the back of the truck outside. I said yep, he asked it if I had a sawmill and I said yep again. Then he asked me if the wood was oak and I said yep again. Thinking to myself boy this guy sure is smart :roll:

Kinda hard to figure out cause I'm all covered in sawdust and smell like green oak :) anyways he stopped asking questions so I didn't answer any. The after a few mins he looks at me and said well aren't you going to tell me you can saw as much timber for me as I want and how much you'll charge me? I said nope. He looked at me real puzzled, and said why not. I said because I don't sell anything to anyone they don't want. He said that's odd and why is that? I answered because I don't like it when people try and sell me things I don't want.

Anyways - he told me he's got about 20 acres of wood and he would like to selectivity cut some of the bigger trees but leave smaller ones. I said we can do that meaning (both of us), he seemed like a real nice guy. I gave him my phone number and he's supposed to call me next week so I can schedule some time a little timber cruising.

Like I said before I really don't know which I like better the logging or the sawmilling. I guess not many people do both...

So Roger did you get your chaps yet?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Keep us in the loop. Sounds like more lumbers run on the horizon.

J

jeff...

We'll see what happens I'm not counting any chickens before the eggs are hatched. Frankly I'm glad to see some people want to selectively harvest. It creates opportunity for guys who don't mind carrying a chainsaw unto the woods and running the logs out with small equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS