I did lots of new things today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCowie

New User
Marcus
Well today I did a few things I have never done before. I finished my first real project, a cutting board made from purple heart and hard maple. I also bought my first lathe today, a 10" Jet VS. With my new toy I made my first pen with scraps from the cutting board. Last but not least, I made a clamp rack from some birch plywood I had left over from some speakers I made. The pics for everything is below. Thanks for looking!

IMG_08471.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_08611.JPG

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Looks good Marcus. Where do you live in Tobacoville? I live in Pfafftown At the end of Robinhood. I want a Lathe like that How do you like it?

CaptainCowie

New User
Marcus
jtodd71: I live near the park in Tobaccoville. When I lived with my parents I lived at Quail Ridge Mobile Home Park at the end of Robinhood. Have you been there long? As far as the lathe goes I love the thing! I don't have any experience with others lathes though so I'm not a good judge. I bought this one because of what I have read online and the fact that I could pick it up at Klingspor in Winston.

lottathought: I wish I had extras! I have had many times when I didn't have enough to glue up sets of 7 speakers. I always seem to need all the same size clamps too. Its not fun gluing up a 12" tall box with 60" clamps! I tell you what though, if I ever do get to a point where I think I have to many I will let you know.:lol:

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
jtodd71: I live near the park in Tobaccoville. When I lived with my parents I lived at Quail Ridge Mobile Home Park at the end of Robinhood. Have you been there long? As far as the lathe goes I love the thing! I don't have any experience with others lathes though so I'm not a good judge. I bought this one because of what I have read online and the fact that I could pick it up at Klingspor in Winston.

lottathought: I wish I had extras! I have had many times when I didn't have enough to glue up sets of 7 speakers. I always seem to need all the same size clamps too. Its not fun gluing up a 12" tall box with 60" clamps! I tell you what though, if I ever do get to a point where I think I have to many I will let you know.:lol:

We have been here 9 years. I have been in Pfafftown 37.

CaptainCowie

New User
Marcus
Well 9 years ago I was 14 and I lived with my parents till I was 18. I wish I would have know you lived so close I would have loved to have someone teach me woodworking when I was a teenager.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Well 9 years ago I was 14 and I lived with my parents till I was 18. I wish I would have know you lived so close I would have loved to have someone teach me woodworking when I was a teenager.

I've only had my tools for about 1.5 years

CaptainCowie

New User
Marcus
Ray Martin: I think I will stick with what I got. I just need to add more!

Mike Davis: I don't really have any pics of speakers I have made because I just got my camera. I never really thought about taking pics anyway I just wanted to get them done and gone!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Wow Marcus 8-O
Aren't you the busy beaver.
That's two year's work for me :lol:

Great looking stuff too. Give that cutting board a couple of days and the purpleheart color will really brighten up :icon_thum

Kudos,
Roger

CaptainCowie

New User
Marcus
Wow Marcus 8-O
Aren't you the busy beaver.
That's two year's work for me :lol:

Great looking stuff too. Give that cutting board a couple of days and the purpleheart color will really brighten up :icon_thum

Kudos,
Roger

Well I was in the shop for about 16hrs! I really do hope that the purple heart will brighten up a bit. It really looked like it had some great color before I cut it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS