How's it Look??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I've been playing with the format of the site for the last few days. With the exception of the menus which will need some extensive work, what do you think?

I added back the software that provided us with the old front page and made the new one, just the front end to the articles(CMS). Part of the idea was to understand just what people were objecting to. I think I understand. The problem is taht the software we are using is more trouble than its worth. That's why I removed it in the first place. Now that I understand the issue better we may remove ill behaved software and replace with own home grown version. Bit that will be much later.

The colors have now been changed so that in my opinion, everything is more readable and consistant. So please look around and tell us what you think. For nits use the help Desk for more general look and feel issue, please discuss in this forum.

Thanks
Steve

cskipper

Cathy
I like it.

Completely as a side note, I do miss seeing the actual time on posts (at least I think I remember them being there) especially if from the day before. Even figuring out if this thread was the current one or the one saying not to comment yet was the current one.

Last edited:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I like it.

Completely as a side note, I do miss seeing the actual time on posts (at least I think I remember them being there) especially if from the day before. Even figuring out if this thread was the current one or the one saying not to comment yet was the current one.
That's just a setting. I'll set to actual time and see if that's ok.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I like this look. It's great to able to read the entire thread title before opening the thread.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Looks pretty much like the old version (before the update). I think we all got comfortable in what we had before, and we just don't like change. I know I can live w/ this. Bottom line is, however this site functions (as long as it functions) it's still a lot better than not having it. :icon_thum

And in case we haven't said it enough, thank you SO MUCH for all the efforts you've put in to make this site the great place it is.

Bill

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Thanks everyone for your support. But I am still looking fo things to improve. My general goal was to make sure the site had the same general feel, but has the nice "clean" & modern feel that vB4 has. With making of the changes I feel we may still back to the cluttered look. Thats easy to happen when we try tp please a lot of people all coming to this for different reasons.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I like being able to collapse/expand certain fields, such as the Classified and Advertising sidebars. Are we able to make the Google ads collapsible as well?

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
I am feeling it much better now. My main issue was the recent threads did not put the most recent one at the top. It just made it hard to find what I was looking for. You solved that and then some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS