Hourglass Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtffkev

New User
Kevin
I have a few requests for some hourglasses from my wife and some of her co-workers. I've been able to source the actual timer part from Woodcraft, but they only have a couple and aren't really what they are looking for.

I can't seem to find anything when I search the web for them, mostly sewing supplies for some odd reason.

I'm looking for some 3 or 5 minute timers and also a 60 minute timer with different options for sand color. If anyone knows of a source for these I'd really appreciate it.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Klockit has 30 minutes inserts

For 2 or 3 minute units you might even consider buying the cheap ones at WallyWorld or the Dollar Store and break them down and use the inserts in your frame

George

Glennbear

Glenn
I was going to suggest Klockit with the caveat that their index can be a little quirky but I see other folks have already done so. :wsmile:

emtffkev

New User
Kevin
Thanks for all the info everyone. I think I might have enough to get some of these orders done now, except the wife. She's proving to be the most difficult (no shock there) with a 60 minute glass with red sand.

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Keep us posted on how this plays out. An hourglass is really a super project idea, good gift idea too. Could be quick and easy project also unless (in my normal fashion :no:) I make it harder than it really should be :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors