Homemade sysport (Festool Dock)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Until recently my miter saw has resided on an old kitchen cart, At the same time I had a Festool MFT (Multi-function table) resting on its side when not in use and the systainers (containers that the Festool tools come in) sitting on the floor with the Festool vacuum.

I got the idea to combine everything and get rid of the kitchen cart. I built a cabinet with roughly the same footprint as the MFT. I made dividers to house trays/shelves for the systainers which ride on full-extension slides (thanks Travis). The front houses two columns of systainers and a storage area for sandpaper. I plan to add a shallow sliding tray on the upper left side for small parts and accessories.

P1030139.JPG

The drawers on the right have extra storage compartments in the back of each tray.

P1030141.JPG

P1030142.JPG

Finally the back side houses the vaccum and will hold another column of systainer trays. (room for growth.:gar-Bi)
P1030143.JPG

The cabinet is on wheels and I plan to add a face frame to each side. I am also storing the MFT parts underneath along with extra vacuum bags. I glued 4 squares to the top to positively engage the MFT and keep it in place.

It is high, but I like that better.

Doug

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice Doug, you made excellent progress since last Tuesday! I think you should make more and sell them. You should be able to get at least $1100 for such a cabinet :)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Sweet Doug, you just made your MFT into a MMFT (more multi-function table). How's the height for the use of the MFT and Kapax? It looks pretty tall to me :eusa_thin

Never mind the height question...you like it like that

Dave:)

Adirondax

New User
Adirondax
Sweet design. I also love me some Festool! Have a couple of MFTs, the sander, the vac and the d-handle drill.

Which reminds me, I've got some chairs to build!

Enjoy your Festool shrine.:icon_thum

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Very nice Doug, you made excellent progress since last Tuesday! I think you should make more and sell them. You should be able to get at least $1100 for such a cabinet :)

$1100? Bas! Man, that's a FESTOOL cabinet. 3 grand minimum!!!

:rotflm:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dough,
The "sysport" is unrivaled :icon_thum
Great storage solution and now I can "borrow" them all at once by rolling the cart onto my trailer :wink_smil

Roger

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice setup, Doug!

Everything looks right at home and at your fingertips. A true utilization of unfound storage space.

Mighty nice design!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Wayne

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Doug,
The "sysport" is unrivaled :icon_thum
Great storage solution and now I can "borrow" them all at once by rolling the cart onto my trailer :wink_smil

Roger

You know Roger, that is an EXCELLENT IDEA!!!! I can get all of his Festool at one time!

I saw it in person today. Very well done!

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Geez, Steve. Looks like you have a small fortune in Festool and another small fortune in Festool containment! SWEET SETUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS