Hillsborough Orange Woodworkers Meetup upcoming events....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Just a quick note about two upcoming Meetups for HOW.

1. Shopping Trip to Woodworkers Supply and The Hardwood Store. Hoping to get some operational tours too.

2. Build an Adirondack Chair. A group project to make chairs. WoodArtz has jumped on board to be the center of this project universe.

Anyone from any geographic location is welcome to join the meetup, and there are no costs. You can join at http://www.meetup.com/Hillsborough-Orange-Woodworkers/

If you join, jump in the frey in the HOW meetup message board section where we are working out the details.

I realize this might seem redundent to NCWW, I'm still sorting out how to manage the two sites "logically" :) I only intend for the meetup message board to be used to organize Meetups.

Meetup is a broader social networking site that I see as attracting more folks to NCWW. 80% of the Meetup are NCWW members, so its a pretty natural fit.

As we schedule meetups, I will be sure to post them on NCWW. Finally, membership is in no way required to attend meetup events.

Thanks,
Jim

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
We have our next Meetup scheduled, Saturday May 2.

http://www.meetup.com/Hillsborough-Orange-Woodworkers/calendar/10242944/

The plan is to meet in Hillsborough at the old Wal-Mart around 9:30 am, then drive out to the Hardwood Store. Best guess is we will be there from 10 - 12ish.

Once we aquire all the best wood they have to offer, swing back to Woodworkers Supply for a free lunch. Its about 20 minutes away, so 12:30ish for lunch.

Woodworkers Supply is having their Spring Sale and free lunch that day. Coincidence? I think not :)

As always, this is open to anyone, anywhere. No requirement to join meetup.com.

Hope folks can join us.

Thanks,
Jim

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Sorry to hear bout work conflicts.

Most of our meetups will be week nights. That was the concensus of the first gathering of minds.

So, can we assume you are part of the Shopsmith club?

Jim

Steve W

New User
Steve
This might be doable for me: I'll have to check on my commitments that day. :icon_scra

Heck - I could meet you there as I'm about 10 miles closer.

Rob

New User
Rob
Jim, the wife and I are already commited on that day, hope you guys have fun.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Glad to hear it Mike and Steve, hope to see you out.

Roger, we'll just have to hold a Roger Woodworking night out. You pick the time and place, we'll bring the beer and foil hats.

Jim

Len

New User
Len
So, can we assume you are part of the Shopsmith club?

Jim

There's a Shopsmith club?

Mostly I picked that as an avatar to remind me that if my shop ever gets cleared out enough to get to it again, there's about 15 years of surface crude, corrosion, and disuse to deal with before I try to use it again.

Len

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Well, when you do get to de-crudification, a number of us have revived old shopsmiths and can offer pages of unsolicited advice :)

Jim

There's a Shopsmith club?

Mostly I picked that as an avatar to remind me that if my shop ever gets cleared out enough to get to it again, there's about 15 years of surface crude, corrosion, and disuse to deal with before I try to use it again.

Len

Len

New User
Len
JIm,

I'll keep that in mind when (if?) I can finally get through the boxes to get at it again.

Len

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Geeze, I feel like a nagging wanker doing this, but....

Right now, I don't have enough folks signed up to do the shopping trip.

If you are thinking of going, let me know by Thursday the 30th.

So far I have 2 confirmed (and I am one of the 2), and 2 maybes.

I realized in hind sight, that being a spring saturday, lots of folks are booked, double or even triple booked.

Thanks,
Jim

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
DANG IT,another event thats a million miles away :gar-Cr might as well be.Anybody live near Whittier in Jackson county? Sure would like to meet up with some of you folks,flatworkers,turners or who ever.Just like to meet new folks.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I have some friends coming Saturday, they were supposed to come next week but plans changed and this is the only chance I'll have to see them this year.

Next time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS