Hi again, all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyps

New User
Tony
Just re-introducing myself, I have been out of commission for quiet a while, on and off again health issues (way too many) plus being laid off (which did not help the health issues), trying to find a new job...Seems when it rains sometimes it certainly does pour!!
But thankfully, all that is behind me (us) and brighter days are ahead! Got a job again, Mrs does as well!!
Love wood working, making stuff for around the house, for friends, family, repairing things wood and other wise related, my woodworking skillls have certainly gotten very stale so I am in the process of getting back up to speed..
Retired from the Army '95, moved to NC in '98, good place to be all things considered..I am an IT guy by trade..
I look forward to learning a whole bunch from you talented group of folks and hopefully meeting some of you in the not too distant future..
I have a shop in the basement, sort of small for all it has in it, but it is really great to have it...consist of 10" Contractor table saw, 18" bandsaw, router table, 12' planner, 72' Jointer, 10' Mitre saw, old delta dust collector, and assorted power and hand tools. Started out with non-power hand tools from my dad who was, amongst many trades, a carpenter of what needed to be done to earn a living, then just kept dabbling and working at it. I am not anywhere near the level most of you on here seem to be, judging by the photo's and post I have seen, but one day...
Anywho, best to all of you and may god bless.
Tony.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Hey Tony! Glad to see you back here. Things on the site haven't changed much but we have upgraded some so give it a look around :)

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Glad to see you back Tony. Those were some healthy bumps in the road and we are happy to see them behind you. :icon_thum

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wow, a twelve foot planer - I've got this table top I need to flatten, never mind, just teasing a little.

Seriously, welcome back to the group. Ask questions, give advice when you have it and we always like pictures, not just of finished projects but those Works in Progress are often very enlightening.

I expect things in general haven't changed much since you were last here, so look around and get comfortable again with the group. Glad to have you back. Apparently you have some friends that remember you here. Try to make it to the picnic in May if you can and reacquaint yourself with them and meet some new faces.

There is a lot of new stuff going on. I'm heading to Fort Bragg tomorrow to work with some of our country's Wounded Warriors as part of our new Outreach program. Very rewarding stuff.

- Ken.

wdwrkr

New User
wdwrkr
Sounds like your shop has a lot of great equipment to have fun with.
Learning is the best part of it - especially when you turn new knowledge into a piece you can have in your home and appreciate forever. Even if it's just for the fact that it's the first one you made.
Post often, ask questions, and enjoy the process!

Welcome to the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS