Hey everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

signguy

New User
Mike
My name is Mike and I live in Asheville, NC. I ran into sapwood at a gas station yesterday and he had great thinks to say about this site. So I checked it out and it looks great.

I have a remodeling business that I am trying to work out of and starting a new business with a cnc overhead router. I have been making signs with Cheadles art & sign here in town and cutting parts for some other sign shops, countertop guys, etc.

I look forward to using this form.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome Signguy! Sapwood was right. This is a great WWing site with lots of helpful members. So, request an album and show us some of your work! We love pictures around here.
Take care,
Randy

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hey Signguy;

Welcome from the other end of the state. Everyone's right. You just joined a great website. Looking forward to seeing some of your pix. Again, welcome

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Mike, welcome to NCWW. I am sure you will find this site both informative and entertaining.

D L

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome Mike!!

Sapwood was absolutely right. Hope that you too have a great time posting and learning from these great NC woodworkers!

Have Fun!

Wayne

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome signguy! we're glad you ran into Sapwood and found your way here! We're having a meeting of the westen part of this group sometime soon - hope to see you there!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Mike your work is realy cool. What is Sign Foam? Are all those pieces cut with the CNC router? My favorites are:
IMG_1300.JPG

and
IMG_1545.jpg

Thanks for sharing!!!!!
Dave:)

signguy

New User
Mike
I would like to be at the meeting. Are there any details listed?

cskipper said:
Welcome signguy! we're glad you ran into Sapwood and found your way here! We're having a meeting of the westen part of this group sometime soon - hope to see you there!

signguy

New User
Mike
Yes they are all cut with the cnc router.
Sign foam is a high density foam 15 lb or 30. I like it because it cuts easy and is flat. But I still love wood the best. I will add some pictures of other things too beside signs.

DaveO said:
Mike your work is realy cool. What is Sign Foam? Are all those pieces cut with the CNC router? My favorites are:
IMG_1300.JPG

and
IMG_1545.jpg

Thanks for sharing!!!!!
Dave:)

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Welcome Mike. You'll find this to be a very talented and friendly group. Your CNC work is beautiful and certainly adds a new talent to the group. Dig that wormy chestnut trout! As someone mentioned, we're pulling together a WNC woodworkers group and will be having a meeting May 6th at the Folk Art Center in Asheville, and we would certainly be pleased if you could join us. I'll PM you tonight with more info.
My Best
Randy

signguy

New User
Mike
sounds like fun. Thanks

Ozzie-x said:
Welcome Mike. You'll find this to be a very talented and friendly group. Your CNC work is beautiful and certainly adds a new talent to the group. Dig that wormy chestnut trout! As someone mentioned, we're pulling together a WNC woodworkers group and will be having a meeting May 6th at the Folk Art Center in Asheville, and we would certainly be pleased if you could join us. I'll PM you tonight with more info.
My Best
Randy

sapwood

New User
Roger
Well I'll be danged, Mike! Glad you did a fast follow-up and joined us. :cool:

Hope you make it to the fledgling Western Woodworkers group as they have a diverse group of talented folks. Checkout this link for more info.

I got to see "Billy Bass" (oops, trout) art on the Mike's truck rack at the gas station and couldn't resist inquiring about it :mrgreen: The sign is truly striking in the details that the CNC is capable of rendering. From fine points in the lettering to the 3-d effect of the fish.

Enjoy,
Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS