Help Me Be Santa

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I no longer use my 1986 Craftsman table saw. It has cast iron top, belt drive, 1 HP motor (110/220), cast iron web wings and needs a new home! I would rather give it to someone for Christmas. It will need a set of handles for tilt and elevation. (Old ones were salvaged for another "brainstorm) Replacements are $19.99 for pair, through Sears. Other condition, recipient can't sell, but must give it to someone that isn't kin, when done with it. I assume NO LIABILITY for its use. You may nominate anyone, :eusa_prayINCLUDING YOURSELF, to recieve this saw. Simply sent a short note describing need (either lack of a saw, or to replace a bench top saw, etc) to SAW c/o Bruce Wrenn, 12512 Holly Spings-New Hill Rd, Apex, NC 27539.All notes must be received by Dec.14,2006. Selection will be on Dec 15, 2006, decision is by ME and is FINAL! Recipient is responsable for transportation from my house. Think, do you know someone who could use a saw? Recipient's name will be posted here on NC Woodworker after 9:00 PM on DEC 15th, health permitting. MERRY CHRISTMAS! Bruce

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Cool Bruce. That is very good of you. I can't say that I have anyone to nominate, but I would like to say it is very big hearted of you to do this.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Great plan Bruce. And very Santa-like :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I hope the saw finds a good home.
Dave:)

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
All applications are to be by MAIL ONLY. This levels the playing field for all. The saw is a 10" by the way and will come with a decent blade, or blades, depending on what I can scarf up in my cleaning. Questions about saw can be a PM to me. Bruce

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Bruce,
I have a set of tilt and height handles I removed form a junked sears table saw.
They are black plastic 4 1/2" wheels with handles.
They look like they will fit a 1/2" shaft with the ground flat area.
They get screwed in from the end to secure them.
If these will work I'll drop them by so the new owner doesn't have to purchase a set.....
Ron

sapwood

New User
Roger
Well Bruce, I guess your white beard does mean you're Santa :lol:
Great gesture and by you and Ron. Hope someone has an even merrier Xmas :eusa_clap

Roger

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Under whelmed by resonse so far. As of today's mail ZERO RESPONSES. Think, could you or someone you know use this saw? Remember, IT"S FREE! Hard to believe that you can't give away a saw! HELP ME MAKE SOMEONE"S CHRISTMAS!

cskipper

Cathy
Under whelmed by resonse so far. As of today's mail ZERO RESPONSES. Think, could you or someone you know use this saw? Remember, IT"S FREE! Hard to believe that you can't give away a saw! HELP ME MAKE SOMEONE"S CHRISTMAS!

I think the US Mail is the issue. I'm guessing that you are offering this on other forums. If not, everyone on this site would have equal access to PM's or email as snail mail.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I think the US Mail is the issue. I'm guessing that you are offering this on other forums. If not, everyone on this site would have equal access to PM's or email as snail mail.
:eusa_whisThis offer was and is only on NC Woodworker. The trouble with pm's is that I don't always read them. A pm/e-mail to me is like leaving a package beside the road and hoping it was picked up by the right person. Plus, if someone REALLY wants this saw, how hard is it to write a note? Knowing the caring people here, I thought that they would have the best idea of someone in need. Bruce

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
It is the week before Christmas and all through the shop, not a nomination, not even one was seen. I'm sure that everybody thought that somebody would nominate someone, but no one did ( I did get one PM) It saddens me, no makes me HAPPY, to know that everyone at NC Woodworker and the people they know has a saw better than my old Craftsman. I didn't receive even one nomination for my saw. Ron, if the handles are still available, I would like them Now I will try the Triangle Woodworkers news letter to give away my saw. MERRY CHRISTMAS! Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS