Hello to the community

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbcrafter

New User
Kevin
Hi Everyone.
My name is Kevin. I live over in Waynesville in Haywood County. I've been involved in woodworking for many years and have build a number of furniture pieces. In the past I've done a lot in white pine and fir. I recently started working for a reclaim lumber dealer in the area and am looking forward to start working with wormy chestnut and oak for a change. My other passion is model railroading and hope there are at least a couple of other train nuts out there also.
As this is my first post I'll keep it short.
Thanks again and keep making saw dust
Kevin

helmswatch

New User
Duke
Welcome aboard Kevin. I am a newbie to the site as well, infact, I'm a newbie to woodworking. You will find the guys and gals on this site are terrific. As far as RR modeling, I have done some in the past and is on my ever growing list of things to do. Worked for the B&O RR in the mid 70's. Great experience.

Duke

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Hello Kevin, welcome to the group. You'll find this to be a talented and friendly bunch. I'm sure the goup would like to hear more about the reclaimed lumber - which reclaim lumber dealer do you work for? We'd also like to see some pictuers of some of your work. Oh a standing rule is "no pictures, didn't happen". I live across the way from you in in Clyde. We're in the process of pulling together a WNC Woodworkers group and would be happy for you to join us.
My Best
Randy O

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome I am glad to have you here. I look forward to hearing more about your reclaimed lumber. Wormy Chestnut, well they just don't make that any more. Go to the top of the page to Other Links and then Request Services and request a photo album so you can show us some of you work and some of the Chestnut.

Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi Kevin,

Welcome! I am a newbie as well. I must say that this bunch of folks are excellent teachers! Everytime I am on, I walk away learning something new. The only downside is that you may become envious about some of their abilities as well as there vast assortment of WW'ing tools.:crybaby2: (It's sometimes hard keeping you hand on your own wallet for the want to try out a new piece of power hardware that these guys have access to!)

Anyway. Please enjoy yourself and just keep on reading and posting some of your experiences as well along the way.

Regards,

Wayne

kbcrafter

New User
Kevin
Hi Randy,
At this time I don't have any way to show picture of my work, but I hope to pick up a digital camera in the near future. I work for Appalachian Antique Hardwoods up in Iron Duff. I'm not sure if they deal with the general public or just with contractors but I will find out and let you know Kevin

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
Welcome Randy
We live close to the western end of the state in Rutherford County and glad to have more westerner in the group.
Working with reclaim lumber must be interesting. Glad to have you with us and keep us posted on the lumber.

M

McRabbet

Welcome, Kevin -- We're happy to see you join the ranks of the NC WW.net forum -- you'll find lots of great people here and their willingness to share is great. As Randy mentioned, we're trying to put together a club group that can meet face-to-face and share ideas and knowledge. Under Other Links, Click on User Control Panel and then select Group Memberships. Ask to join the Western NC WW Club Interest group and we'll sign you up. Looking forward to seeing your posts on the forum and hearing more about the recycled wood company you work for -- I'd be interested in their products for projects, too.

Rob

cskipper

Cathy
HI Kevin - welcome aboard! We are really glad you joined us. Please feel free to jump in. You'll find us amusing and hopefully informative.

clowman

Clay Lowman
I'm a little late on the welcome wagon. Spent the last couple of days moving (What a pain). Please keep us up to date on the reclaimed projects, I'd love to see some pictures of them. I'm not one to go overboard on train stuff. But my 3 1/2 year old son, would sure be your best buddy. He loves trains. It's one of his biggest treats to go see his grandfather's model train set up.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Welcome to NCWW Kevin. We are glad to have you on board with us. I look forward to reading your input to our forums and look forward to seeing some photos of your work once you get a digital camera. Feel free to shoot one of the Admins or Moderators a PM with the information about Appalachian Antique Hardwoods so we can add it to or list of NC Wood Suppliers.

D L

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Hey Kevin, Welcome. I thought I was the only one who ever built anything from Pine?Show us some pics:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS