Hello from Greensboro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernonwood

New User
Randy
Hello to all, thanks for making room for one more. I have recently been introduced to your site and already see the caliber of people will make this a great experience. A little about myself; I am a forester and I have found this a very useful trade when it comes to woodworking. I started my hobby/passion of woodworking about 16 years ago right out of college and through many forestry related contacts have been able to procure most of the wood (usually as logs I have milled) and have created a decent 'stash' of lumber. Until recently all my efforts have been involved with furniture construction but this summer I fell into the vortex of woodturning. Now that I have found a way to use virtually an entire tree, it sometimes saddens me now to think of all the wonderful bowl stock I once discarded as junk. I am a Greensboro native, lived near Wilmington for several years and recently moved back to Greensboro with a job change. As I try to struggle through the new wonders of woodturning I hope I may glean from the experts that reside here and hopefully can return this favor in time.

Thanks again for the great site, I look forward to 'meeting' many of you.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Welcome Randy,

I work in Greensboro, but live about 50 miles away near Mt. Airy.

If I can help you any way just let me know.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Randy!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum

There are plenty of excellent turners here at the site and always willing to share their experience and offer advice when needed.

With your broad background in the forestry business, I know that you will be a tremendous asset to us gaining more knowledge on the subject.

Post often and by all means share some pictures of your work with us. We do love pictures 'round here!

Take care!

Wayne

JCraig

New User
Jerry
Welcome Randy. I live in Greensboro also, so if I can help with anything, please let me know.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to our great big virtual sawdust pile, Randy! Glad you found us and hope you enjoy the place.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Randy,

It's great to have you here. There are lots of great folks in your area that can mentor you in turning. It sure is fun huh? :eusa_danc

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Glad you found our saw-dusty corner of the Web, Randy. I am about an hour west of GBO proper.

Vernonwood

New User
Randy
Thank you all for the kind words and warm welcome. I hope I can find ways to plug in and offer assistance along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS