Hello from Asheville Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill_In_Asheville

New User
Bill
Name is Bill, been woodworking since, well, forever. Father and both grandfathers were dabblers, I guess I caught the bug early.
Been out of it for a few years following a divorce, some health issues and forced downsizing during the recent financial downturn fun. Had to shed all my machines.
So, starting over with mostly hand tools, in a "shop" on my front porch out here in the woods, half-way up Mt. Pisgah.

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Welcome Bill. I have some relatives in the Candler area that you are not far from. Watch for an invitation for the new member chat and try to join us.

Steve

Chilihead

New User
Chilihead
glad that woodworking itch still needs scratching! Tools can come and go....but the drive to make is always there

cpw

New User
Charles
Welcome Bill. Starting over is much better then giving up. Keep and eye on the Classifieds and the Found for Sale/Hot Deals forums and sometimes you can pick up some sweet items at great prices. Also, keep and eye out for a notification for New Members Chat. It's a chance to find out more about the site and being a member. It's usually the first Thursday of the month.

I grew up in Asheville, and before moving to Rutherford County we lived right behind Enka Middle School (old Enka High) about a half mile from the Enka Red Light.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Hello Bill and welcome, pull up a stump and make yourself at home. Jump in when you can and don't be shy.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
We're glad you decided to join the family Bill! There are many members that are mostly hand tool only shops. Enjoy the hobby and stop back often! We always have a new conversation going and much to learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS