Hello Everyone. I am new here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajchris

New User
AJ
Hello my name is Andrew and I live in Mooresville near Charlotte. I am 36 years old and I kind of dabble in Woodworking. I have made a few flutes on my lathe. I go sick from not wearing a mask when sanding and it messed up my immune system. I try to follow the rules to the best of my knowlege. I don't know my way arround here so if I make a mistake please correct me but don't block or ban me please. I am human and make mistakes. I used to be a Professional Wrestler working the Armory shows. I have never been to the big time. I did it for fun that way I can leave when it's not fun anymore. I want to learn all I can form anyone willing to teach. Just Please I ask you to treat me with the same respect you would have me treat you. I have already had a problem with another site because of this. I am honest and I ask you be the same way. I have dyslexia and sometime my typing is bad. So I may have to edit my posts a few times please think nothin gof it. I am proud to live in NC as Dorthey said in The Wizard Of Oz "There's no place like home," North Carolina has some of the best craftsmen and women in the world. That is why i decided to join this site. I hope all is Well.

Sincerely

Andrew:icon_thum

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome to NCWW, Andrew. You will find there are a lot of woodturners on her, though I ain't one of them.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Welcome Andrew,

I don't think you will have any problems here. But, if you do just let us know and we will try to make it up to you.

One thing you have to do is post pictures of your work, lots of pictures.

I made a flute for my son's Scout Master. Keep wanting to make some more but I need to make time first.

P0002087.jpg

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Andrew.

It sounds as if you have had an interesting career!

No we don't bite!:wsmile: Lot's of great folks here willing to share their knowledge and experience with us all. There is plenty to learn and everyone from the beginner to the most experienced crafts person is treated with the utmost of respect.

Have fun, post often and don't forget to post some pictures of some of your work. We love pictures!:icon_cheers

Stay safe around those power tools!

Wayne

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Andrew,

Welcome to the site. This is a great site and one of only a few that I go to everyday. Lot's of nice and VERY skilled craftsmen/women here as well. I don't live to far from you, I'm over in Davidson so if you need any help let me know and I will do what I can.

Like some others have said we love pictures here..

Kevin

DWSmith

New User
David
Welcome Andrew!

Don't worry about your typppppingingnig. We all make misakes and that is what the spell check button is for.

Glad to have you!:gar-La;

ACobra289

New User
Bill
Hi Andrew,

Welcome aboard. You'll find this site is quite different than most others on the web. Don't worry about misspellings or anything like that. People here aren't into correcting those type mistakes or trying to make others feel bad like some people do on other websites. This is without a doubt the friendliest forum around.

Have fun and post often. :icon_thum

Bill M.

ajchris

New User
AJ
Well I can tell already this site will be different from the other site I was on. Just so everyone knows a guy offered something for sale I asked him about it publiclly because I was too new to be allowed to message him. He wrote me a nasty note telling me proper to send him and Private message then they guy blocked me before I could even apollogise or anything. The guy made Wing Chun Dummies which I wanted to buy one and he did that. I was shocked and mad too. So I decided to leave that board. Anyways Thank everyone for the Welcome. I am happy to be here. I will post some pics when I can my workshop is at my mother on the other end of town almost in Landis. I visit my mom from time to time but my shop is cold I don't work in it in the Winter ( No heat) But I promise I will post what I can. When I got sick I sort of just left it the way it was. I mean I have flute that is hanging up to dry that has been there quit sometime. I am trying to muster the courage to step back in after wood Dust in my lung almost took me out of this world. It was a lesson don't use cheap dust masks. I got so sick it has messed up my immune system for good but I am alive and well and that is what i am most Thankfull for. Okay I will shut my yap now. Sorry I ramble on sometimes.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Glad to welcome another woodworker to the sawdust pile. You'll find some of us laughing here, but we're laughing with each other, not at each other. This is a great sight to learn and make some really good friends. Sorry to hear the sawdust made you sick. Most of us are aware that sawdust can cause respiratory problems, so we try to take precautions. Hope you are able to get back into the shop soon.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Andrew, welcome to the friendliest woodworking site on the net. I am glad you joined.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome Andrew!
Over in Concord if you need anything.

Maybe we can talk about Wahoo McDaniel. Used to love to go to the Park Center and watch him strut around. He and Johnny Weaver were my heros. Blackjack Mulligan, the two Russians and the two guys with masks (Red something or Infernos?) were the bad guys. 2 Ton Harris, Missouri Mauler, the Andersons, Klondike Bill, Amazing Zuma...Now that was rasslin! No pretty boys or pretty girls. Just a good guy, a bad guy, real blood (sometimes), a hotdog and some peanuts. Dang I'm old! :wtongue:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Andrew. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I think you will find that the folks on here are VERY inviting and helpful. It is probably because of the local nature of this site. Most of us meet up in person from time to time, so there is no "hiding behind the computer screen" going on here. Plus these folks are just plain awesome people. :wsmile: I'm sorry to hear about your health issue. Maybe you can get some ideas about dust collection and respirators. It's great that you could join us. :icon_thum

MikeH

New User
Mike
Andrew welcome to NCWW! We're really glad to have you and look forward to getting to know you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS