Not open for further replies.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
September 23, 9am to about 3pm or so.
At Bill Clemons shop in Liberty NC
Mike Davis and myself will be instructing 6 participants on how to sharpen and maintain your hand saws.
The normal $30.00 donation and 5 bucks for the local pizza joint close to Bills.
1.Raymond
2.Mrfixit71
3.WBurton
4.Michael Mathews
5. Zapdafish
6.Bryan S

Last edited:

W Burton

New User
Bill
Please add me to the list. I don't know my work schedule for that day yet, but sign me up, and I am hoping I will be off that Saturday.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
Add me please.

Will there be saw vices for us to use? Should we buy some files or anything before coming?

Wasn't really planning on getting into saw sharpening but at $30, it's too good of a chance to pass up.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Your on the list Steve, yes there will be vises for use in the workshop, I wouldn't run out and buy anything yet. In this workshop we will cover care and maintenance of a hand saw, we will talk about restoration and re cutting or re shaping of teeth, but I doubt we will have time to demo or do an entire restore on a saw. However if you have a saw that just needs a sharpening then bring it and you will have time to sharpen it.

Last edited:

Bryan S

Bryan
Put me on the list please. What Steve said sums up what I am thinking, but with dad's old handsaw he had when I was little and a Diston I picked up last year. Why not.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Put my name on the list. As of right now, there is NOTHING on the calendar for that weekend! Got several that I need to learn how to sharpen.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bruce currently I'll have to hold your name on the waiting list for now if someone drops out I'll pm you quick.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Good afternoon everyone, I just want to update things.
The list has changed.
1. meredj (Jesse)
2. Mrfixit71 (Rich)
3. WBurto. (Bill)
4. Michael Mathews (Micheal)
5. Zapdafish (Steve)

the start time should be 10am
we have enough saw vises for everyone to work on and we have some saw plates and old saws to practice on. Please feel free to let me know if I've missed anything and or anyone.

Last edited:

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well we have an opening for this workshop. Anyone interested please chime in.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
This workshop takes place next Saturday (23rd) and we still have one opening. If you ever wanted to learn how to sharpen your handsaws, now is your chance. Let us know if you're interested.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Thanks Bill for hosting! Big thanks to Richard and Mike for all the great info! I've sharpened many a blade with automatic and semi-automatic machines, but never actually took a file to a saw before! Great day indeed!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Jose canceled our trip. Wish I could have made workshop, but I spent last couple days rebuilding pig cooker that I originally built in 1986. I have to use pig cooker on Oct 11th, so rebuild was a necessary fact of life. Next time. Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS