Handsaw sharpening workshop Sept 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry you could not make it Bruce. I want to thank those who did make it to endure my lose teaching style. I have a great deal to learn when comes to presenting the material, but I do hope everyone came away with a much better understanding of saw sharpening and are inspired to try more on their own. If yall have any more questions in the future I'd be glad to share, demonstrate, and help. I'll be offering this workshop again next year and I've already made notes to improve what has been started. That being said, any imput and feed back from the participants would be very welcome. I would like to thank Mike for coming out presenting he's knowledge on the subject, his point of view was invaluable to the day. And last but not least thanks to Bill for hosting these workshops without that I'd be just mumbling to myself.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
As promised, here are the pics. You can see the rest in the album Handsaw Sharpening Workshop.

IMG_18873.JPG

IMG_18943.JPG

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Steve, you could take Mike up on his offer which would great. But if have your sites set on building one check out WKFinetools web site they have an article or two one the subject. Also, their are several hundred if I had to guess blogs and articles on the subject. Ping me if have any questions I'd be glad to help.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Can you send me or post some info on them?

Main reason for me attempting to build one is so it would clamp the entire length of the saw.
WKFineTools.com
popularwoodworking.com Jig Journal: shop made saw vise
TGIAG.com
and you can do a general query of saw vise plans. This will open a rabbit hole that you may never return from. I say this because I have been through this.
Other sources of info include, Bad Axe Saws, The Saw Wright blog, Texas Heritage Wood Works.
Popular woodworking videos has Ron Hermans 2 videos on saw sharpening and maintenance. They are quite good.
happy reading and pm me with any questions you may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS