Re: Handcut dovetail workshop - December 3 - Raleigh

Lol just might surprise ya and stop by

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member

Lol just might surprise ya and stop by

If you do stop by, I can give you the trailer jack that I've been carrying around in the back of my car for a while. Now you have an 'official' reason to come get some of Phil's great chili.

I expect the nursing staff enjoyed the cheese cake - who could blame them, Phil. :)

See y'all tomorrow. I'm just helping out - and playing gofor tomorrow. This is a Phil and Dan show primarily.

USAF_EOD

New User
Zack

Is there still a spot available for the 21st? I am interested in attending!

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member

Is there still a spot available for the 21st? I am interested in attending!

Yes indeed we had one drop out so we have a spot. It will be nice to meet you. I will send out more details via private message a few days before the class. Thanks

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member

Phil the class is the day after the Ral/Dur lunch. Should be enough time to adjust if there's a drop. I guess the wait listers or some new 2017 interest would fill it to 6 workers. The size seemed to work well in Dec so onward.

This is a subject that would work in other larger shops if there was interest in areas other that Raleigh Durham. Not too much tooling to load up and make it to another site. Who knows??

Wondered if you need me to bring along more wood to practice? Seems like the 1/2" thick stuff worked well. Let me know as January work is filling up for me rather quickly. So far: 4 arm chairs and 2 tables. Phone is ringin' later.

Chairs_19_Dec_032.jpg

16_may_doors_and_back_covers_0061.JPG

00140.JPG

Trestle_5_sept_009.JPG

USAF_EOD

New User
Zack
Awesome! Do I need to bring anything? And where is the class located, time, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Awesome! Do I need to bring anything? And where is the class located, time, etc?

The class will be in my shop in NE Raleigh - I will send exact address via private message a few days before the class

Class time will be 9 am until about 3, lunch will be served

You do not have to bring anything, but if you have some favorite chisels that are sharp, bring them along. The saws we use are pull saws and I have enough for your use

see you on the 21st

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
Hi Phil,

If there's a last minute dropout, could I attend? Thanks! I loved the shooting board workshop you hosted and it would be great to practice dovetailing while getting feedback from competent woodworkers.

Thanks!

Last edited:

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
I'm going to have to drop out apparently my nephew was born a year ago and his birthday party is on Saturday. So if it isn't already spoken for marinosr can have my spot. Hopefully this workshop will come up again one day.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Re: Handcut dovetail workshop - December 5 - Raleigh

OK folks we had a family emergency this weekend and I am going to have to pull out of Saturdays dovetail class. Hopefully someone is on the waiting list and can take my seat. See everyone next time ...

USAF_EOD

New User
Zack
I am also going to have to pull out of the class unfortunately... I'm currently in DC working with the USSS on pre-inauguration setup, and got extended through Friday night...

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Well Sue cancelled our thing tomorrow so with nothing to do and a hankering for Chef Soper's culinary delights, is there room for me without exceeding 6 students? Not quite a beginner but interested in pins first method Jap saws and Dan's quips.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well Sue cancelled our thing tomorrow so with nothing to do and a hankering for Chef Soper's culinary delights, is there room for me without exceeding 6 students? Not quite a beginner but interested in pins first method Jap saws and Dan's quips.

Great come on over and you can help learn and eat -starts at nine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors