Hand Tools Mania ... yeah, my shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Lucked out with a lot of Lie Nielsen planes on Craigslist ... and was able to spend about all my birthday money in one transaction. Not the "must have" planes, but surely nice to have. Can't wait to put them to use.

Then some more Craigslist searching turned up these ... from what ended up being a rather quiet NCWW member. I only purchased the handle, and he tossed in the rest of the scrapers for free ... made my week.

And anything that was left ... well, Pfeil carving beginners set from Woodcraft. Seems like a nice set and maybe I can keep these out of my thumb (old story where I stabbed myself)

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Jeremy,
You're shop is too cramped for even these small tools. Bring them over and I'll store them and gently love them for you ;-) I need something to hold these cabinets in place anyways.

Nice score man!

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Cool Tools :eek:ccasion1
Now you really have to get yourself a real workbench :icon_thum

pete

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Cool Tools :eek:ccasion1
Now you really have to get yourself a real workbench :icon_thum

pete

Working on that now ... as you'll see. Going to take me some time, but it's right up there wish finishing my rocker (which I actually worked on this weekend!):rotflm:

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Bring them to the breakfast this weekend. I am sure some of us will volunteer to take them home and give them a test run. Don't want you to hurt yourself in case they are not working just right. You seem to be injury prone:rotflm:.

When do you find the time to do all this. Great score.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Bring them to the breakfast this weekend. I am sure some of us will volunteer to take them home and give them a test run. Don't want you to hurt yourself in case they are working just right. You seem to be injury prone:rotflm:.

When do you find the time to do all this. Great score.

:nah: Sure I will ... just let you guys take them and I'll never see them again except in another gloat thread on NCWW! :gar-La;

When do I find the time ... well, sometimes I don't. I figure I'm half tool collector and half woodworker. One day though ... one day, I'll have the time and I just want to be ready. :rotflm:

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Can't blame you for buying LN - they just look so pretty...and work very well.

I need to do a little more of this collectin' stuff myself.

Chuck

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member
Nice score. I have been looking for some of these same pieces for a few months but did not see them on CL. Congratulations.

M

McRabbet

Jeremy, by comparison, I've spent about $1,100 for golf clubs in the 20 years I've played golf -- I've know I've spent over $10,000 on toyls in the past 5 years!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS