Hand Tools Mania ... yeah, my shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAAndrew

New User
Andrew
Yeah, me either ... and that's why it sucked the money from my ever-shrinking wallet. Dang, this hobby is expensive.:swoon:

But if you compare what you spent on these tools to what you could spend on a surface planer, it wasn't so bad.

One of the reason's I've gone with a hand tool shop is the expense of the power tools. Most of my hand tools are old ones I've bought for under $40. I have a few exceptions, but I've tricked out my whole shop for less than it costs to buy a good table saw, and band saw. Through in the jointer and planer and even though I pay a little extra when I buy my wood to have them dimension them with their planer, I'm still ahead. If I start doing a whole lot more volume, then it will pay to get my own, but right now, I'm doing ok with what I have.

And they don't call it the slippery slope for nothing. :gar-Bi

AAAndrew

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Yeah, me either ... and that's why it sucked the money from my ever-shrinking wallet. Dang, this hobby is expensive.:swoon:

:nah: Naw, the "hobby's" as simple as a Barlow knife and a scrap of wood. It's thesed dang TOOLS that are breakin' us up!!

:rotflm:

Right, Mike Davis??:dontknow:

Jerome B

New User
Jerome

Be careful of the slippery slope. Hand tool stuff is addictive.

At times I get caught by the sticker shock too. It passes as soon as I find the next tool to drool over.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Nice additions to the shop Jeremy! I'm going to have to stop by your place more often so I can play with all of your [STRIKE]toys[/STRIKE] I mean tools!
:gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS