GWL - Good Will Lathe Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well folks Steven (Zapafish) is ready to pass the good will lathe on the next lucky person. For the newer folks the GWL was a donation made by our founder Steve Coles. It is a Rikon lathe, complete set of turning tools, grinder, wolverine sharpen jig, a chuck, live center, and other accessories. It is the total package. The lathe yours to try for 3 months at no cost. We just ask you treat it like one of your best tools in the shop and then you pass it on to the next person. It is the responsibility of the current hold and the next to work out arrangements for the transfer.

So if interested in giving turning a spin, reply back to this thread or in a PM. If more then one member is interested the BoD will determine the order.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
This is a great opportunity for anyone who would like to try turning. For the benefit of those who are not familiar with this here are some pics of what you get the use of.

GWL_012e.jpg

GWL_019e.jpg

GWL_013e.jpg

This is not everything, but you get the idea.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Aye an wee drink of Mackeral Settler Rack and Ruin. A ran it doon by the haim, to ma place. well a slapped me and a slapped it doon in side and a cried, cried, cried.

The fear a fallen down taken never back to da flat side and then stood an mighty craig, get out wi ye Claymore, out of ma scabbard, a did. A ran doon, doon the middin stain picking the fiery horde that was fallen around ma feet.

Never a cried, never shall ye get me alive ye rotten hound of the spinny crew. Well a snatched fer the blade, O ma Claymore cut and thrust and a fell doon before him, round his feet.

Aye! A roar he cried frae the bottom of his heart that a would nay fall but as dead, dead as a can be by his feet.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
So I guess you don't want to be next in line!!! :wink: :gar-La;

p

Thrust a in the side wit ye Claymore to die, before a take ye spinny lathe. :gar-La;

In case ye not into to yoda pirate speak

a - me

Claymore - a two-handed swords popular in Scotland during the 15th, 16th and even the 17th centuries. Ranging in length from 50" to 72", they possessed handles that were 18" - 21" in length.

scabbard - A sheath for holding a sword or other large blade

Mackeral Settler Rack and Ruin - Mead

craig - A masculine given name. It is derived from a Scots Gaelic or Irish surname meaning "rock"

mburke911

New User
Mark
Hello all,

I will nominate myself. It's been many years (ok.. many many many years... back in high school) since I turned and I have wanted to give it a go again. I have plenty of scrap just the right size...

Mark

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Thrust a in the side wit ye Claymore to die, before a take ye spinny lathe. :gar-La;

In case ye not into to yoda pirate speak

a - me

Claymore - a two-handed swords popular in Scotland during the 15th, 16th and even the 17th centuries. Ranging in length from 50" to 72", they possessed handles that were 18" - 21" in length.

scabbard - A sheath for holding a sword or other large blade

Mackeral Settler Rack and Ruin - Scottish Rum

craig - A masculine given name. It is derived from a Scots Gaelic or Irish surname meaning "rock"

Are you real sure you dont want to be next, I know every time its GWL time you make a post, sounds to me like you want to try it. :gar-La;

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Are you real sure you dont want to be next, I know every time its GWL time you make a post, sounds to me like you want to try it. :gar-La;

"Me thinkst thou doth protest too much....." (roughly quoting Shakespeare) :rotflm:

The pain is in the resistance.....(Splint....:rolf:).

Oh, BTW, Mead woulda been my brew of choice....back in the day :gar-Bi

M

sawduster

New User
Robert
Aye an wee drink of Mackeral Settler Rack and Ruin. A ran it doon by the haim, to ma place. well a slapped me and a slapped it doon in side and a cried, cried, cried.

The fear a fallen down taken never back to da flat side and then stood an mighty craig, get out wi ye Claymore, out of ma scabbard, a did. A ran doon, doon the middin stain picking the fiery horde that was fallen around ma feet.

Never a cried, never shall ye get me alive ye rotten hound of the spinny crew. Well a snatched fer the blade, O ma Claymore cut and thrust and a fell doon before him, round his feet.

Aye! A roar he cried frae the bottom of his heart that a would nay fall but as dead, dead as a can be by his feet.

'twas a grand and fine soliloquy ye spake
yer words say nay ....but yer eyes say " Take me " laddie
Drogar-Laugh%28DBG%29.gif

I nominate Jeff
Drogar-BigGrin%28DBG%29.gif
:rotflm:

WoodenU

New User
Ken
I know Iam far... far down the list............... but I would love the oppotunity to regain my experiences of turning.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
bump :wsmile:

Had a blast with this lathe, hope the next person enjoys it as much as I did. Time really flies by once you start working on something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS