Grizzly Planer, Does anyone have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubGuy

New User
Zach
Oh and I am limited on power. 115VAC 1PH only. I'm working on getting permanent power to the shop, right now, power cords:embaresse.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
For about the same money, you can get a Ridgid which is as good if not better. I bought a used Ridgid for $150 2 years ago and haven't looked back but YMMV.

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
Yes

I have two planers. One is the model below the one you are looking at. It has worked fine for me. I also have a DeWalt that has worked well too, of course, it is more expensive.

On the Grizzly last year, I did try to take off too big of bite from a large plank, without adequate support, jamming the machine and I burned up the drive belt in a flash. Since then, I now use support roller stands and no further problems. Ordering and replacing the belt was easy.

I find that leveling the feed and outfeed tables on these small planers is problematic and creates snipe. That went away when I made a melamine table that went over the bottom and hooked on the tables.

Good luck.

BeastyISNT

New User
BeastyISNT
I have the dewalt DW735 and love it. got it a few years ago for 250, referbed off ebay :)... The one thing I did find that brazilian cherry cuts in slices. So I get these slivers out of the dust collector, and have had it clog once/twice... Got a dust collector, so hopefully that will help :)

eyekode

New User
Salem
I would consider a used one. You should be able to find a good working planer for ~150$ if you look hard enough. But then again it helps to have someone with you that knows what to look for in a used planer... I only figured that out after buying a used planer :) (in the end it turned out to be a great planer, it was just not adjusted well from the start).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS