Grizzly G0555 Bandsaw Assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

edspec

New User
steve
Great review, I have the g0555x and had the luxury of a brother in law to help with the lifts onto the base and the riser insert. Your helper seems ready to go at a moments notice. Great review :thumbs_up.

Did the tensioner bend in shipping or can it be bent by not having the additional instructions causing improper adjustment? Re read the review the answer was there :BangHead:

Steve
(edspec)

Last edited:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I like the looks of that light. Is the magnet good and strong? The armature looks a little short. Are you using that light on a band saw? Where do you have it mounted? The light that I show in my pictures is barely adequate. I thought the LED lights would work better. Could be dead batteries but then, in retrospect, I don't want to have to worry about that either.
Completely missed the question in this thread - sorry!

The magnet is quite strong, you have to really pull on the light to get it off. No chance of this thing falling off by accident or through vibration. I sometimes use it on my table saw as a raking light. It goes "clunk" when the magnet makes contact.

Where do I have it mounted? If you picture the top door, it's on the last "5" in "G0555", but on the other side of the saw. Does that make it clear? I can adjust it to shine directly on the center of the table, or more towards the incoming work piece. Certainly sufficient for me, although I've thought about mounting another spot light on the ceiling to take care of the shadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS