Grandfather Clock

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
I have been working on a grandfather clock for several months; it is proving to be an interesting but challenging build. The challenges have been several - starting with the actual plans which are often a bit difficult to interpret. The bonnet moulding also proved to be interesting as well as the turnings for the half columns. That said, I have had great assistance both in helping interpret the plans as well as a tutoring session on turning. Charlie looked at the plans and suggested that traditional turning tools (skew and gouges) would, in skilled hands, be more appropriate than EasyWood tools. I happen to mention this to Phil who not only let me barrow several of his turning tools but also provided a tutoring session. I am still not very proficient, especially with the skew, but I am satisfied with the results. I still have several hurdles ahead, but since I have ordered the glass as well as the mechanical works I am fully committed to finishing the project.
DEF9F119-5C67-4E10-A891-DA72B77155D9.jpeg

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks like it is going to make a great "How-to" post in the Resources forum. Please?

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
That’s looking great Donn. I’m with Gene, a little article would be wonderful.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Glad you're committed to finishing the project, that is looking GREAT!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS