Good source for Planer/Jointer Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
I was searching Amazon the other day and found them to be a decent source for planer and jointer knives. The knives are made by Freud and list for half the price of the OEM knives. I ordered a set of 6" jointer knives for $16 and a set of 15" planer knives for $38. They arrived today well packaged and with a keen edge on all the knives.

D L

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
cool, so now I know where to get replacement blades for equipment the CFO has still not authorized :-(

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
NCPete said:
cool, so now I know where to get replacement blades for equipment the CFO has still not authorized :-(

Pete,
Just buy the knives first and then tell her you need a planer and jointer to make them work right.:lol:

D L

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
How ironic DL...
I ordered a set of jointer knives for my grizzly from Amazon just last week, have to wait about a month for them to get here though:cry:
Gary

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Gary,
Were they the 6" X 5/8" x 1/8" knives that come in a set of 3? I know those were out of stock but for about $3 more you can get the same knives in a set of 4 that will ship within 24 hours. You can get your knives quicker and have an extra one to boot in case the dog happens to eat one or something.:lol:

D L

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
D L Ames said:
You can get your knives quicker and have an extra one to boot in case the dog happens to eat one or something.:lol:

D L

Jeez D L, you must have one tough dog!:rolf:

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
D L Ames said:
Pete,
Just buy the knives first and then tell her you need a planer and jointer to make them work right.:lol:

D L

That's how I got the routers I have. "Baby, I got this great deal on a set of bits on Amazon, but I have nothing to drive them with."

She has since revoked my Amazon privileges, as well as e-Bay, but has not yet figured out Craigslist!:rolf:

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Check global tooling too: http://globaltooling.bizhosting.com/planer_knives.html
They had the knives I needed for my jointer in T1 steel cheaper than others had them in M2 steel and they were great to deal with. The size listed by DL is $16.40 in the T1 steel.

I called Freud when I was looking for mine and they couldn't tell me what steel they used but they were sure it was good.:eusa_thin T1 is supposed to hold an edge up to 20% longer than M2 and you don't want anything less than M2 unless you really enjoy sharpening and setting jointer knives.

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
D L Ames said:
Gary,
Were they the 6" X 5/8" x 1/8" knives that come in a set of 3? I know those were out of stock but for about $3 more you can get the same knives in a set of 4 that will ship within 24 hours. You can get your knives quicker and have an extra one to boot in case the dog happens to eat one or something.:lol:

D L
DL
The knives I need are the 6" X 1" X 1/8", not stocked in sets of three, thought about 2 sets of two but didn't want to risk them not being balanced to each other,
I ended up ordering the 7/8" X 1/8" instead...
Gary

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
kota62 said:
DL
The knives I need are the 6" X 1" X 1/8", not stocked in sets of three, thought about 2 sets of two but didn't want to risk them not being balanced to each other,
I ended up ordering the 7/8" X 1/8" instead...
Gary
Global stocks them in sets of 3 for $23.70. If you are still backordered, you may be able to cancel and re-order.

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
Steve D said:
Global stocks them in sets of 3 for $23.70. If you are still backordered, you may be able to cancel and re-order.
I thought about that... It would end up at just over 30 bucks delivered though, Amazon is 18.00 delivered.....
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS